No common sense

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cliff

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd like to see a poll of Americans my age, old, who were raised on bottles. The older women knew how to sterilize the water and thier babies bottles. Think about it. How many of you were raised on Pet,Carnation,or Mil-not. All the stupid experts and Drs tell these new mothers not to mix thier own formula. They must be allright with babies going hungry.
Cliff

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Formula is not hard to make, and this worked for decades.

In the 1930s, after studies demonstrated the health of infants as comparable to breastfed babies, doctors began endorsing an evaporated milk formula. They finally arrived at a simplified formula consisting of 13 oz of evaporated milk, 19 oz of water, and two tablespoons of either light corn syrup or table sugar mixed thoroughly.

From the 1940s through the 1960s, this formula, used in conjunction with infant vitamins, became the gold standard used by most everyone who didn’t breastfeed. According to History of American Pediatrics by T.E. Cone, in 1960, estimates put the number of bottle-fed babies using it at 80%.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd like to see a poll of Americans my age, old, who were raised on bottles. The older women knew how to sterilize the water and thier babies bottles. Think about it. How many of you were raised on Pet,Carnation,or Mil-not. All the stupid experts and Drs tell these new mothers not to mix thier own formula. They must be allright with babies going hungry.
Cliff
We didn't raise our sons on store bought baby formula. Couldn't afford it.
edit: years later, I raised a baby rabbit I found on enfamile. It did well, grew fat after weaning and was quite tasty after eating.

Didn't really eat the rabbit, we released it.

Last edited:

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Even after almost 50 years I still remember the taste of Flintstone vitamins and baby aspirin. If you needed anything other than that it usually went in your nose, your ear, or your butt. Just not recommended to mix them up...🤯

Guess I just missed the castor oil years unless it's just a repressed memory that will remain suppressed.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Formula is not hard to make, and this worked for decades.

In the 1930s, after studies demonstrated the health of infants as comparable to breastfed babies, doctors began endorsing an evaporated milk formula. They finally arrived at a simplified formula consisting of 13 oz of evaporated milk, 19 oz of water, and two tablespoons of either light corn syrup or table sugar mixed thoroughly.

From the 1940s through the 1960s, this formula, used in conjunction with infant vitamins, became the gold standard used by most everyone who didn’t breastfeed. According to History of American Pediatrics by T.E. Cone, in 1960, estimates put the number of bottle-fed babies using it at 80%.
Lactose intolerant babies still **** blood on this, the same as when you were a kid...difference is that now we gave enough of a damn to find out why.

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The fact that we are even having these discussions illustrates where the commies are taking our country.

The Kenyan made it very clear in his books that they want the USA lowered in standard of living so that the rest of the world can rise to meet us in the middle.

We are starting to see the effects of this strategy that has been “radically transforming America“ for the last 14 years (the roots go back a hundred years).

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lactose intolerant babies still **** blood on this, the same as when you were a kid...difference is that now we gave enough of a damn to find out why.
Substitute goat's milk and avoid that problem too, IIRC. We used the bottles with a plastic bag liner for ours on the rate occasion when my wife couldn't breast feed. Avoided much of the burping problems as well. Had the advantage/disadvantage of having our kids fairly late in life. My son was born a few years before my 40th bd. Several of my siblings had friends had kids before we did, so got to watch & learn.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I often wondered what is wrong with a mothers milk? :anyone:
Not a damn thing, just ask Dolly Parton's kid.

1652636837432.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom