Non hunters?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Grew up hunting and bought my first rifle about the time I was 10 or 12 years old. Paid $16 for a .22 single shot at the local hardware store. Have hunted quail, pheasant, duck, geese and rabbits. Haven't hunted since the late '70's or early '80's. As per my signature, my hunting equipment is shown there. I'm like Yukonjack, but I cheat most of the time and use the zoom. But then, here lately, the deer and wild turkey just walk right into the campground, so it's no challenge.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to hunt quail, rabbits, and squirrel when I was younger. Now, I just shoot targets. My son started deer hunting about 5 years ago. He has harvested one, about every year but one. I'm very proud of him. I like venison also.

Growing up, my stepmom wouldn't let dad have any guns in the house either.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Terry, if I wasn't so damn cheap I'd pay the big bucks for a Canon L series in a 70-300. Until then I'll just be a creeper.

I doubt that I'll get what I want in a 300mm length, but I'm on the verge of getting a Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8 lens. Right now, I'm using one of those that belongs to one of my nephews. He's a contract worker for the Air Force in the Middle East. It looks like he may come back to the states for good in about a year, maybe a bit longer. So, I get to use his until then. I'm really loving that lens, the Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8, and the new-to-me Nikon D700.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As per my signature, my hunting equipment is shown there.

Way Cool. Im jealous.

When I started highschool in the mid 80s I was heavy into art and music and did all of the illustration work for our schools newspaper and the HS yearbooks which led me into photography and journalism classes. My mom bought me a used Canon AE1 for my class work and I thought it was the best thing I had ever recieved. I became a school photographer and on the side shot everything within driving distance of San Diego. I ended up in art school after HS and after art school a career in tattooing and music but I did consider a career in journalism and or photography. I got away from it being busy with life and havent kept up with photography over the years except for the digital cameras we have bought for our shops and home. A girlfriend almost had me back into it about 15 years ago but I was too busy for it. My stepfather is into photography and where they live on the edge of the Tallgrass Prairie north of Pawhuska he gets some great shots up there. I would love to get back into it now that Im old and looking for new hobbies to keep me occupied.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
RE: the no guns in the house thing - Other than reasonable requests like "no dead hookers", I can't imagine a woman telling me what I can or cannot have in my own damn house.

Latest posts

Top Bottom