North carolina question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
40% of the world's fiber optic cable is made in that area.

Been through the area a couple of times for both work and play. A really beautiful part of the country. Folks seemed friendly enough.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I was in Fayettenam for 10ish years. Hickory is nice as well as Shelby and Boone. The whole area is pleasant. Ashville is east with great beer but tons of hippies and artsy weirdos but it's cool. Furniture capital of the states if not the world. It was always nice to stop in there on a road trip. Lotsa "culture".
It doesn't get as hot and sh*tty as the Piedmont either. We were looking at moving that way or Mt. Airy vicinity but came out here to the middle of the country instead. Winters get cold.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have 2 nephews that lived there for 5 years. Moved a year ago. They both loved the area, but Real Estate is skyrocketing.

1 listed and sold in a week.
2 months later, the other listed on Friday. Received 5 offers on Saturday, all over listing price.

Both were happy to be leaving, too.

Virtuaguyver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have any of you recently lived or worked near Hickory NC?
Whats it like?
Crime?
Asking for niece who got job offer
My father in law lives there now, and has been there since 93. He works for a fiber optics company. We moved from Statesville/Charlotte area in summer of 2021, and lived there for 26 years. Hickory is quiet and laid back countryish living. You can get everything you can from a big city but yet feels like a small town, and Charlotte is only an hour away. I wouldn't think twice moving back, it's nice in NC. Lots of mountains in driving distance, for hiking and outdoors activities.

Latest posts

Top Bottom