Northern Oklahoma Predator Seminar....GO TIME!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man i spent alot of time in the Hadden ranch/Oldfield Ranch. Grampa used to pump in there, then dad. As a young boy dad would drop me off at a differant pond every day, then come back after his rounds. Iv had to walk out of there cause dad was to cheap to buy a 4x4!!! Grampa got smart and left an old tractor in the middle of his rounds just in case he got stuck. Dennis i bet you have even took a few dips in the ol rock crusher too. Dam perch will bite your bare a$$ after dark...

I'm betting I've been to every pond on the Hadden and most on the oldfield ranch over the years. Quit going to the Oldfield ponds when one of their girls married into the Donaldson family. I didn't want to meet Clay out in those pastures. Don't have to worry about it any more. He swallowed a 12ga about a year ago after killing his girlfriend.
There are some nice bass and crappie in the rock crusher too.:D

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dennis my wife is dieing for the receipt on your mushroom platter you brought (i have fork marks on my hand when i tried to get a piece). tyson

Ok, Its a pretty simple and easy deal to make.
Venison burger mixed with garlic powder, finely diced onion, finely diced red or green bell pepper, Italian seasoned bread crumbs, minute rice and some of the spicy italian seasoning you get at sams in the big containers.
Make a hamburger patty, coat it in flour. Fry untill 90% done, and set out on paper towels to absorb any grease.
For the sauce, its two cans of Cambells golden mushroom soup, with one can of milk whisked in.
Put the patty's in a baking dish in a single layer. Add fresh sliced mushrooms, or a small can of the precooked on top, and any left over onions and bell pepper.
Pour the sauce over the top. If you have enough for two layers, put the next layer on top, with some more pepper and onion, and mushrooms.
Add sauce to this and spread over all the patties. You want just about enough sauce to be even with the top layer of patties.
Bake in a 350 degree oven for about an hour, uncovered until thickens, and gets bubbly.
Take it out and cover it with any shredded cheese of your liking.

I don't use recipe's when cooking, so the first time its going to be an learning experience. Use enough onions, peppers and rice so that the meat will stick together good. If it acts like it may get crumbly when making the patties, add an egg or two depending on how much burger you have.

At home we put fresh sliced jalepenos that have been seeded on top. Not too much heat, but just adds another layer of flavor.

Latest posts

Top Bottom