Nothing in life is free not even a place to hunt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
he asked what direction I was shooting. But he was sure to get some censored words in there as well. I told him where I was shooting. He didn't care.

This guy shut down hunting on his land last year after 3 deer were killed. Said they were killing HIS herd off.

We have tried to understand how his brain functions but still can't. He has some screws loose, enough that I'm very aware of what he is doing while I'm around. The man drinks Coors light like it is going out of style. Drinks to much way to often. At least he is smart enough to not mix alcohol and gun powder.

Oddly enough. or is it Poetic justice. He was screwing around with his brand new Kimber .45 he had just bought when he discharged a round in his house. No one was hurt but he did learn one thing. TempurPedic Mattresses do not make good bullet stops. But the concrete under the hard wood floors does.

ArealGunNut

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have "been there done that" with leases. I've never had a problem with the landowner per say, its usually people I put on the lease that cause the most problems for me. Mostly in-laws etc. I have public land right down the road from my house and that's where I hunt for the last several years. I like it because it's free, lots of animals, and the few people that do hunt are true sportsmen. There has never been any cross words and everyone is respectful to each other, simply put everyone is just happy to have a place to hunt without all the drama associated with a typical lease. If someone gets a deer its not uncommon for several to help drag/dress the critter.

The only issues are the idiots that think corp property is the personal atv race track and local trash dump. We tend to take care of those issues as they come up!

So if you ever down near texoma and need a place to hunt, let me know and I will be happy to show you around!

WacosSon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
DANB,

I fell your pain, short story from me, lost my last place to hunt in 07 due to the land owner's wife divorced him. I found another place to hunt for 08 but only 100 acres, it has a few deer and hogs traveling thru. I put out 4 feeders, 4 cameras and 2 - 1/2 acres food plots. I have never got a good opportunity to take a deer, I have taken 3 hogs though.

I get Thanksgiving week off this year expecting to have a good week outdoors
and on Tuesday before opening Saturday the land owner informs me that his wife's brother needs a place for his bil and friend to deer hunt and I am out of luck for the gun season.

Well I am looking for a new place for next year.

Hell, I'd a gone and pulled my feeders and cams at 6:30am on opening day, making all the noise I could with a stereo strapped to my back.

osugrads

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have "been there done that" with leases. I've never had a problem with the landowner per say, its usually people I put on the lease that cause the most problems for me. Mostly in-laws etc. I have public land right down the road from my house and that's where I hunt for the last several years. I like it because it's free, lots of animals, and the few people that do hunt are true sportsmen. There has never been any cross words and everyone is respectful to each other, simply put everyone is just happy to have a place to hunt without all the drama associated with a typical lease. If someone gets a deer its not uncommon for several to help drag/dress the critter.

The only issues are the idiots that think corp property is the personal atv race track and local trash dump. We tend to take care of those issues as they come up!

So if you ever down near texoma and need a place to hunt, let me know and I will be happy to show you around!

do you ever have problems with stuff being stolen

ArealGunNut

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
did have my truck broke into couple seasons ago, I don't leave anything overnight for the most part, so other than that one time nope. I have heard of people leaving feeders/stands in the woods that got stolen but haven't experienced it first hand.

Latest posts

Top Bottom