Now I know why they call it "packing heat"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ithrowicecubes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Because carrying outside on a day like today will give you a big sweaty spot around your IWB holster! I'm glad the holster I was wearing today was open muzzle, or I would've filled it up.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any of you horsehiders able to say anything about the benefits of your holsters? Though I don't expect those benefits to extend into 105 degree days.

I just wear an undershirt between my MTAC and my skin.

aknowyourmeme.com_i_21073_original_1254172884282.jpg_888797d9a54dc3830f3d012842e66a85.jpg

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a cowhide Super Tuck and it's offensive how much sweat builds up between it and my skin.

Any of you horsehiders able to say anything about the benefits of your holsters? Though I don't expect those benefits to extend into 105 degree days.

The horsehide still gets hot, but supposedly doesn't transfer much, if any moisture to the pistol.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hot/windy weather is the concealed carrier's worst enemy, 'cuz it's too hot to comfortably wear an outer cover shirt and too windy to keep from printing. :)
But yeah....horsehide is the material I prefer when at all possible.

I know some of y'all remember the rusted carry Glock incident I experienced a few years ago, but for those who do not....

I had left mine chambered/holstered for a week or so in hot/sweaty conditions and when I finally pulled it out it was difficult to rack the slide due to the amount of rust that had formed in and around the barrel/chamber.
The rust had actually *pitted* the Glock's barrel.
An ugly sight, to be sure.

Notice!
Remember to frequently unholster and chamber check your carry weapon.

(but don't frequently rechamber the same round)
:D

Latest posts

Top Bottom