Now I know

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunrunner45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Illegal for one...

Not according to the 2010 Oklahoma Hunting Regulations.

http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/regulations.htm

License Requirements

Residents & Nonresidents: A hunting license or proof of exemption.

Dates & Open Areas

Mountain lions can be taken year-round when committing or about to commit depredation or when deemed a nuisance, safety or health hazard.

You must immediately call a game warden or other Department employee if you kill a mountain lion.

The carcass (including hide) will be examined by a Department employee within 24 hours for biological data collection, which may include the removal of a tooth.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some folks accused the old tamale lady of using cat in her tamales. God let us hope that they were joking.

Cats aint fit to eat, and that's that.

Old man I used to work with had a guy in his neighborhood that would sell fresh skinned rabits cheap, he bought several of them and said they were quite tasty.

Someone go suspicious and called the guy in for selling wild game, he was arrested for animal cruelty, seems the fresh skinned rabbits were really domestic cats that had been dissapearing around the neighbood.

I would probbaly try cat sometime.

Bailey331

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
We were in Roger Mills Country last week where I took a buck with my new muzzle loader. Land owner showed me some trackes in a creek bottem that were no dought a Mt Loin. I seen many bob cats and this was way too big. It was the size of the palm of my hand without the fingers. He staked a road kill deer down near by with a game camera on it hoping to get a piture. Nothing yet

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We were in Roger Mills Country last week where I took a buck with my new muzzle loader. Land owner showed me some trackes in a creek bottem that were no dought a Mt Loin. I seen many bob cats and this was way too big. It was the size of the palm of my hand without the fingers. He staked a road kill deer down near by with a game camera on it hoping to get a piture. Nothing yet

If its still there, or you see another track like that, get some plaster of paris and make a foot imprint. Thats just as good as a pic.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Old man I used to work with had a guy in his neighborhood that would sell fresh skinned rabits cheap, he bought several of them and said they were quite tasty.

Someone go suspicious and called the guy in for selling wild game, he was arrested for animal cruelty, seems the fresh skinned rabbits were really domestic cats that had been dissapearing around the neighbood.

I would probbaly try cat sometime.

He clearly didn't live near any Chinese Food restaurants or he would have had some serious competition in collecting those cats.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mt. lion stinks when you cook it. I shot one once and the guys I hunted with were daring each other to eat it. We had a dinner of deer,bear,antelope,elk and that lion, everything got eaten but the cat. Even the dogs wouldn't touch it. it was a yearling 77lbs and 6' nose to tail tip.

Latest posts

Top Bottom