Now I'm not happy with Cabela's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ever now and then, rarely though, I'll get mad enough at a company to the point I'll go on a personal mission and besides my exchanges with customer support, start writing personal letters, not just electronic (those to) but actually stamped. Electronic to any higher up or customer support links I can find. Ask for the manager at the customer help call also and let them know you will going to twitter, facebook and you're local TV (in my corner type shows) and letting them all know how you've been screwed by the company. I've gone so far as to search out some of the CEO type positions and send a letters about the same. Has it helped? Not really sure, I did get a voucher from a rent a car company once.......but it made me feel a little better blowing off steam and ranting a bit....usually by the time I was done I wasn't as pissed anymore...

Reloading Rod

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I special ordered a rifle from a different sports store. The told me they would have it in a week, 30 days later they gave me back my money which I had prepaid, saying they couldn't get that gun in that caliber. So I thought about it over the weekend and decided to report it to the BBB, within 3 days I had a nicer version of the rifle in hand (cost $200 more, they ate the difference). Sure was funny they couldn't get one after having my money in hand for 30 days, but one call took care of it.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've contacted customer service and asked for contact info for their corporate office. Got it but they could care less. Another reason big stores are going down the tube.
Intend to send a complaint to the corporate office but doubt it will be garner anything but an auto response thank you for contacting us BS

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great news. I finally found a corporate office that helped. Called Cabela's corporate office and talked to consumer affairs. Really nice lady on the phone who I gave my info and told her my story. She actually seemed like she cared and apologized for the problem. Said it should never been handled that way. She promised to fix it and would call me back by the end of the day (yesterday) or early this morning with a solution. Guess what? SHE DID!
I can't believe it. She said she ran down the gun at another store and was having it shipped to OKC as we speak. it would be no more than a couple of days and if I had any problem, how to contact her.
Cabela's online customer service may suck, but their big dogs take care of business.
I love Cabela's again.

ShaunyP26

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Merger is going through as we speak. Inside info...Ha!

I dunno. Stock has been beat down since announcement and is trading at around $47 and they agreed to pay roughly $66. I'd bet on a price revision downward or against it.

Someone will probably get fired if they pay $66 for it when it's at the current price. Probably a lower level janitor since upper management never pays for their dumb decisions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom