NRA's Carry Guard?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd be leery of joining if they had the power to essentially say "we don't believe this was justified, etc., so they could refuse to pay legal fees. I'm definitely considering something like this. It would definitely be better than no insurance, but like I said, I'd like to find out if they could possibly "weasel" out of it for any reason if you were carrying lawfully & not under the influence.
They are not going to attempt to weasel their way out of a claim. There is too much completion between companies and the Gun community is relatively small and tight knit. IF one of these companies tried to do that, word would get around quick. Most of these policies pay up front whether you go to jail or not

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did a fair bit of research before choosing CCW Safe.

For me, they have the best coverage for the money, and mine is set up where they just charge the annual fee to my credit card so there's no danger of a lapse in coverage.

They're an Oklahoma based company (even though they cover all 50 states if you're carrying legal), which didn't hurt either. They also send regular emails with video links and text regarding tips for protecting yourself legally, and have info such as choosing ammo and other stuff on their website.

I recommend going to their website and checking out the pricing and terms of service. ;)

Last edited:

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
CCW Safe and USCCA are the two biggest I think. USCCA has a whole host of training vids, to include 1st Aid vids. and even a full blown montly printed magazine

CCF

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not saying one of these companies would try, but for peace of mind, it might be a good idea to have a lawyer read over the fine print. One claim could mean a half million or more out of pocket for these guys (in a lengthy trial). It might be tempting for this type of company to pull something like that if push comes to shove & they see the writing on the wall. If it's ironclad, cool. I'm just saying it would be prudent to find out if there's any kind of loophole at all.

Admittedly, I haven't done my research on any of these companies. If the fine print is clear & concise as to what they cover with no room for misinterpretation, that's great.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not saying one of these companies would try, but for peace of mind, it might be a good idea to have a lawyer read over the fine print. One claim could mean a half million or more out of pocket for these guys (in a lengthy trial). It might be tempting for this type of company to pull something like that if push comes to shove & they see the writing on the wall. If it's ironclad, cool. I'm just saying it would be prudent to find out if there's any kind of loophole at all.

Admittedly, I haven't done my research on any of these companies. If the fine print is clear & concise as to what they cover with no room for misinterpretation, that's great.
So have a lawyer read it over

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
comparison_guide.png

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can you please point out the inaccuracies?
USCCA has a 24/7 hot line/response team,
CCW Safe only sends a rep if they have one in your particular area.
USCCA pays out, guilty or not. Period
CCW Safes "national trial Council" vetting process, means nothing. Vetting of Lawyers in the program is done by the companies lawyers based on Pro 2A and self defense trial experience. USCCA uses the same vetting process.

That chart is either over 2 years old, or CCW Safe is engaging in deceptive marketing

I cant answer for the other companies in the chart.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if other companies have indeed raised their standards trying to compete. CCW Safe probably just doesn't have someone monitoring all the others on a regular basis.

I'll send them an email and point this out. ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom