Nurse arrested for not drawing blood...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Could be and I hope it was, but the whole "Guilty by Association" thing had to run through their minds...

Yea I would imagine so. If I had been there and was one of those others I'd have cuffed and stuffed him in the seat right beside her. This is why I could never wear that uniform.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Question - why did it take all this time for this video to come to light and go viral? Who finally put it out there for all to see? I mean, come on, this happened over a month ago. And, if someone had not finally put it out there, this would have all just disappeared.
When I worked for a market chain, they were required to maintain their surveillance videos for 30 days before erasing/disposing of them. Giving public access to them would have been a violation of their privacy rules and I suspect that it would be the same for this hospital.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
In the military and in my life I was taught to uphold the law and do what is right/ethical 100% of the time. There simply is no "that point" where you throw up your hands and decide to just say, hey I'm not risking ME for THEM anymore. Sorry, but upholding ethics and 'what is right' does not end when the going gets rough or at 5:00 pm, whichever comes first.
I spent 20 years in the army too, and understand ethics. I'll hand it to the lady for standing up for what is right, but she should of understood the risk. Lots of folk in history have fancied themselves a Martyr, she should not have been surprised.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I spent 20 years in the army too, and understand ethics. I'll hand it to the lady for standing up for what is right, but she should of understood the risk. Lots of folk in history have fancied themselves a Martyr, she should not have been surprised.
Oh good grief. There was no risk for her! She wasn't doing anything wrong, she was polite, courteous, professional and respectful throughout the conversation. The prick just blew up on her because he lost his patience and temper.

Pokinfun

Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh good grief. There was no risk for her! She wasn't doing anything wrong, she was polite, courteous, professional and respectful throughout the conversation. The prick just blew up on her because he lost his patience and temper.
and he was told to arrest her. the fact that she ended up in handcuffs, sort of proves there was a risk.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

What "risk" should she have expected here? The law was on her side. It was clearly spelled out in hospital policy, confirmed in an official document that was vetted by the police department and confirmed by her supervisor on the phone.

Should a normal, lawfully licensed professional expect to be physically assaulted by another licensed professional during the course of their duties during an argument over a procedural blood draw of a patient who is a) not in custody b) not suspected of committing a crime c) not a threat to anyone d) incapacitated and not going anywhere?

There was no lofty attempt at martyrdom evident in that video. She was doing her job, protecting her patient's rights, and protecting her license. She has every right to be surprised and outraged at the officer's unlawful actions.

Pokinfun

Special Hen
Reaction score
What "risk" should she have expected here? The law was on her side. It was clearly spelled out in hospital policy, confirmed in an official document that was vetted by the police department and confirmed by her supervisor on the phone.

Should a normal, lawfully licensed professional expect to be physically assaulted by another licensed professional during the course of their duties during an argument over a procedural blood draw of a patient who is a) not in custody b) not suspected of committing a crime c) not a threat to anyone d) incapacitated and not going anywhere?

There was no lofty attempt at martyrdom evident in that video. She was doing her job, protecting her patient's rights, and protecting her license. She has every right to be surprised and outraged at the officer's unlawful actions.
it does not appear that the law asking for the sample was on her side.

Latest posts

Top Bottom