O-State's Blackmon Arrested For DUI

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crg1372

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not a good weekend for college football here in the state.

Oklahoma State wide receiver Justin Blackmon has been arrested on a driving under the influence complaint in Carrollton, Texas, early Tuesday morning, police there confirmed to the Tulsa World.

Blackmon, who is not 21 years old, and three friends were returning to Oklahoma after attending the Dallas Cowboys game in Arlington, Texas, when they were pulled over for going 92 mph in a 60 mph zone, the newspaper reported. Former Oklahoma State wide receiver Dez Bryant plays for Dallas.

"There were field sobriety tests given on the side of the road," Dustin Bartram, the public information officer for the Carrollton Police Department, said, according to the Tulsa World. "The officer determined that there was a detectable amount [of alcohol] on [Blackmon]."

In Texas, if authorities deem that a minor has been drinking any alcohol and driving, that person is considered to be driving under the influence.

Blackmon posted a $375 bond and was released at 8:06 a.m. CT, according to the newspaper. The passengers in the car were not arrested.

Blackmon is having a huge year on the field for the Cowboys (No. 17 BCS, No. 20 AP). The sophomore has 62 receptions for 1,112 yards and 14 touchdowns.

Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy is expected to address the media later Tuesday. The Cowboys face Kansas State in a Big 12 battle on Saturday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5729979

WNM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Such a shame. I'm sure plenty of us did stupid stuff like that when we were 19-20. Only difference is we weren't big time college football players. Hopefully he rides the pine for a game or 2 and realizes how big of an opportunity he has in front of him.

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Such a shame. I'm sure plenty of us did stupid stuff like that when we were 19-20. Only difference is we weren't big time college football players. Hopefully he rides the pine for a game or 2 and realizes how big of an opportunity he has in front of him.

+1...

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I never drank and drove from a football game in another state. Not that I didn't do stupid stuff but I was smart enough not to drink and drive on a road trip.

Hope he gets the bench for at least a few games.

WNM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never drank and drove from a football game in another state. Not that I didn't do stupid stuff but I was smart enough not to drink and drive on a road trip.

Hope he gets the bench for at least a few games.

Well between me, you, and Justin Blackmon, that makes one of us.

Rajder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't believe it! It can't be true! It's just a conspiracy by thost Texans to try to get Blackmon to sit for the Texas game so that they can win!

Or that really blows. Anyone who has been underage and in college can defenitely remember times when they had a beer or two and drove somewhere. I'm not saying it was right. But it did occasionaly happen. The really stupid thing is driving 90mph. That is just asking to be taken to jail.

Latest posts

Top Bottom