O-State's Blackmon Arrested For DUI

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rajder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not trying to make an excuse. Was just throwing out there that we were all 19 year old knuckleheads at one point.

:werd:

We all did stupid stuff at 19. I know that I did much worse then what Blackmon just got caught for. Making mistakes and facing the consequences is part of growing up. The only difference is that if / when we got caught we weren't put on the 6:00 news.

Let hold off on crucifying him just yet ok.

tharper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He might face another fine, but that's it. It's a class C misdemeanor, and he didn't even have to 'legally' be drunk. Any inkling of the chance he had been drinking is an arrestable offense in TX if you're a minor, and you're hit with a 'DUI'. That being said, a game at most. No sense in making it ridiculous. OU's Madu blew 0.19 on his DUI arrest and he got 1 game. Both deserve a butt whoopin' for putting themselves in those situations.

That being said, I don't know if it'd be an NCAA issue if Dez gave his old teammates tickets to a football game or not. I think that's the only reason his name even came up. Them being friends and teammates before, I don't know what rules apply. This could have turned out worse, I hope he, and anyone else involved, learn a valuable life lesson from this. I'm not giving him a pass, but kids in that age range do stupid stuff. I know I did.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not all of us. And there is a difference between a knucklehead and a self-important toolshed.

At 19 I was an adult and had my sh*t together. College is school but it doesn't mean you're a kid. Grow up, mon.

+1. I didn't act like a dipsh1t anymore at that time. I had responsibility and there were consequences. Some how I doubt the "I'm young and dumb herp derp" excuse would have worked on anyone interested in what I was doing with myself.

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Such a shame. I'm sure plenty of us did stupid stuff like that when we were 19-20. Only difference is we weren't big time college football players. Hopefully he rides the pine for a game or 2 and realizes how big of an opportunity he has in front of him.

Are you serious? I did not do anything like that when I was 19-20. If I were his coach, he would be benched for the remainder of the season. Underage drinking and driving over 30 mph faster than the speed limit (AFTER consuming alcohol), are more serious than 1-2 games on the bench. He could have taken someone's life.

I can't believe some of the responses on here blowing this incident off as just a 19-year old kid's mistake.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's my question. How did a college kid get tickets to that game? Those tickets are $300 +. Are his parents well off? Just curious

According to KFOR the car he was driving belonged to "someone else" too. Of course they leave us wondering whose it was, only stating that the owner had picked it up...

Conspiracy, I tell ya!!

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A couple of years ago, I was at the Payne County jail picking up a prisoner, where I saw this young black male bonding out, who had to be at least 7 feet tall if he was an inch. I asked the jailer who it was and he told me it was one of the starters for the OSU basketball team. He told me his name but I can't remember what it was. :scratch:

ZombieHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That would be a $5000 fine if it were any of you, but because he is a "football player" he gets special treatment, that is preposterous. This kid should be removed from the team, scholarships revoked, and thrown to the wolves. No
"ATHLETE" of any sort in professional Collegiate competitive sports should be partaking in those sorts of activities.

I lost a scholarship when I was injured beyond repair before my freshman year, it happened in a tournament game, and this kid who drinks and drives gets a one game suspension, wonderful backwards world.

Latest posts

Top Bottom