Odocoileus virginianus pic thread 2020/2021

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

murphranch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My deep hatred for nosey does grew 10 fold this evening. I could not make it to my blind because there were does between me and it but I had the wind in my face and decided to set back into a cedar tree that was on a major trail and it was actually comfortable. Had a really nice buck coming at me from up wind. He ran a few of the does around and one of them stopped and stared directly at me. I froze but it was too late. She couldn’t smell me with the 20+ mph wind blowing at me but I could tell she didn’t like what she was seeing. She started stomping and walking stiff legged right for me. She got to within 10 yards when she decide to let the entire creek bottom know that I was there. She constantly snorted for 2 or 3 minutes as every deer left out. She stayed right there on high alert for the next 10 minutes snorting and blowing. I should’ve let the crossbow send one through her.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My deep hatred for nosey does grew 10 fold this evening. I could not make it to my blind because there were does between me and it but I had the wind in my face and decided to set back into a cedar tree that was on a major trail and it was actually comfortable. Had a really nice buck coming at me from up wind. He ran a few of the does around and one of them stopped and stared directly at me. I froze but it was too late. She couldn’t smell me with the 20+ mph wind blowing at me but I could tell she didn’t like what she was seeing. She started stomping and walking stiff legged right for me. She got to within 10 yards when she decide to let the entire creek bottom know that I was there. She constantly snorted for 2 or 3 minutes as every deer left out. She stayed right there on high alert for the next 10 minutes snorting and blowing. I should’ve let the crossbow send one through her.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've had this exact same thing happen.
I decided once to seek vengeance on that one doe.
For 2 years she ruined alot of "good times" for me & I never did get my chance to put her in any crosshairs. She musta had the very keen eyesight, cause even if I knew she couldn't smell me, the slightest turn of my head would set her off.
I don't get to hunt that area anymore, but I sure would have liked to get a shot off at her.

Jared

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great bucks Oklahomahunter! Unique setup there for simmering skulls.

Stud buck Jared and sounds like you knew when to be there.
I’m a believer in not wasting a minute in the woods during November. Thursday i stayed in the stand all day, never once climbed down til after dark. ALL the mature buck movement and chasing occurred from 1100-130 with very few deer moving before and after. Most folks have climbed down before this timeframe. Friday same story, mature bucks from 1000 thru noon, then work forced me down.

This was the second time I’ve harvested a mature buck when I’ve got setup with less than an hour to hunt.

Last edited:

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Good chasing all morning, no shooters yet.
20201115_075348.jpg
20201115_083900.jpg

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This evening's sit was my first shut out of the year. T shirt, tennis shoes, shorts in a ground blind. 30mph+ SW winds when I arrived, wind dropped to zero about 530 and was blowing 30mph+ from the NW when I was closing the gate lol.

I know why! Your legs were shining right through the walls of that ground blind!

Latest posts

Top Bottom