Off Road Ventures.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any ya’ll enjoy/partake? We do enjoy it and Motorcycle Touring. Everything from mostly stock Jeep to rear steer one tons. We are old now so some what normal Jeep. Winch, Gears, lockers. My Tundra is built. But we enjoy Jeep more and it is easy to tow. What do some you use? If you do.

B668AFA8-F492-4C8D-96C6-2D80A3F96DBA.jpegE10E31D1-B429-4D77-B694-33CC617FD84C.png072CEEB8-8A68-42A0-BD48-2AC890E5E036.png661D1C59-167A-4A77-A0D1-50AD1C97AF3F.jpeg

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never done any serious crawling or anything. But do like scenic trails - like logging roads or easier trails in the mountains kind of stuff. I usually drive the LX to wherever the trail is, so can't really get too crazy and break the ride home. Plus, the family seems to get nervous on anything much more 'serious'.

Have you done any of the trails in SE oklahoma? I've thought about checking some of that out.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never done any serious crawling or anything. But do like scenic trails - like logging roads or easier trails in the mountains kind of stuff. I usually drive the LX to wherever the trail is, so can't really get too crazy and break the ride home. Plus, the family seems to get nervous on anything much more 'serious'.

Have you done any of the trails in SE oklahoma? I've thought about checking some of that out.

Oh yea. All of Oklahoma, Arkansas, Colorado, Utah. We ran dirt bikes and 4 wheelers for years, then went to UTVs as we aged. Then Jeeps at 40/50. We enjoy mining roads and easy stuff or the most part now. There are some rough trails we do that are only if you’ve lockers, skids on minimum 35s. But now mostly 4x4 stock stuff.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve got an 06 LJ. I mostly just find some mud around my place with it, but I have been looking at heading over to SE Oklahoma and checking out some of those trails.

I had a 04 that I bought from a son in law of a member here. Then built it to 38 in tires and to big to pull behind a motor home. So screws up and sold it and went to a smaller not as built one. Here is where we had it before 1-ton axles.
We did everything in Colorado/Utah with it just like it sits in the photo on 35s and ARB Lockers and stock Dana 44 axles.

197CE03C-234D-40CE-8575-3AC1E766C082.jpeg

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We had several Jeeps over the years and did a lot of wheeling in the Colorado high mountains with the Telluride/Ouray area being our favorite spot. Also did a lot in AZ, CA, MO and NM mostly around Red River and a few spots in Texas where Wolf Caves was our favorite destination. Don't do it anymore, but think about getting back into it now and then.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We had several Jeeps over the years and did a lot of wheeling in the Colorado high mountains with the Telluride/Ouray area being our favorite spot. Also did a lot in AZ, CA, MO and NM mostly around Red River and a few spots in Texas where Wolf Caves was our favorite destination. Don't do it anymore, but think about getting back into it now and then.

Nice! We enjoy it. We hike as well with the dog now. Lot of Beautiful off the pavement up in the Mountains!

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice! We enjoy it. We hike as well with the dog now. Lot of Beautiful off the pavement up in the Mountains!
My wife loves to hike and our dogs love to go too, but unfortunately an old injury prevents me from doing much of that these days so now she goes out with some of her girl friends when they can manage to coordinate their schedules. The last big hike we did together was in the Tetons. It was beautiful and provided a lot of great memories but that was years ago and there's no way I could do it now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom