Official 2015-2016 deer hunting season discussion thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I switched to a new 100 gr Carbon Express broadhead this year, and they shoot great. I've been wanting to try one out on a deer, but I'd decided to wait on a doe until I got my buck on the ground. I changed my plan this morning. I shot a big old nanny at just under 30 yards, and she traveled less than 50 and piled up (within sight of my stand). It was a clean pass though with the bolt sticking in the ground directly directly behind where the doe was standing.

Now, I'm ready for "the" buck.

View attachment 50917

Last edited:

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sat in a brand new location this morning. Had zero set activity. I climbed down, took a step toward my bow and had a doe blow at me from 30 yards away. She was coming right to my tree, too. I had to laugh because I use a climber, and even though I was being quiet climbing down, it still makes noise.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sat in a brand new location this morning. Had zero set activity. I climbed down, took a step toward my bow and had a doe blow at me from 30 yards away. She was coming right to my tree, too. I had to laugh because I use a climber, and even though I was being quiet climbing down, it still makes noise.

Crap MIH! That's the way it goes right? Nothing all day, climb down and a deer right there, go figure, sorry man. I'm in opening weekend hell, was going today and had a valve stem break in an upstairs shower this morning, just now got it fixed, was getting ready to leave and Edmond PD called and said they found my wife's mother walking down the middle of the road, disoriented

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Crap MIH! That's the way it goes right? Nothing all day, climb down and a deer right there, go figure, sorry man. I'm in opening weekend hell, was going today and had a valve stem break in an upstairs shower this morning, just now got it fixed, was getting ready to leave and Edmond PD called and said they found my wife's mother walking down the middle of the road, disoriented
Yeah it does. I don't think she got too spooky though.

Sorry to hear that. I hope she's ok. Plumbing issues always get 10x worse before they're fixed.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Had a similar experience. Was in the stand by 5:40 and NOTHING. climbing down at about 10:00 and as I was lowering the crossbow down, I got blown out too. Nice doe coming up the draw headed right towards me. All I could do was giggle.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had a similar experience. Was in the stand by 5:40 and NOTHING. climbing down at about 10:00 and as I was lowering the crossbow down, I got blown out too. Nice doe coming up the draw headed right towards me. All I could do was giggle.
I had a good laugh too. She almost gave me a shot as she circled, but got down wind.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Sit on this trail to beans this evening and had 15 does, 17 fawns and 3 small bucks make the trek at 7pm. No bucks over 2.5yo seen. 1 coyote and a zillion doves.

i1085.photobucket.com_albums_j434_btenn1_20151003_091438_zps7v07hx1h.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom