Official 2015-2016 deer hunting season discussion thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Deer movement the last 24 hours has been pretty slow, but I ended up seeing a doe and 4 bucks this morning. One of the bucks was a 4 year old 10 point about 140 inches, and I sure hope he lives a couple more years. He has the makings of a monster buck. The others included a couple 2 year old 8 points and a 6 point.

It's raining now, and I'm hoping it will make them move earlier this evening.

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_20151005_115650.jpg

Got this guy coming in pretty frequently always about 15min after I leave. Any tips and tricks to get him to come out a bit earlier? His buddy's are pretty nice looking too. One has the same amount of points but is wider than this guy. We have a lot of over cast today do you think this will get them moving earlier? I could of had him Saturday but I was in owasso sitting i n the parking lot while my wife shopped.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Possible that they will because of the cloud cover and cool. That's what I was hoping for last night but the antlers I was waiting on didn't appear during LSL. Can you move closer to their approach without disturbing?

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So i did something I am not sure I will do again. I let a yearling doe live although I had a perfect shot. She was sooooo small and naive. My buddy was able to call her back to us three times in a row. She must have been really desperate for attention.

My main aim is to put meat in the freezer, but yet I did not close the deal with this one. Would you have done the same? or put a little...but very tender meat in the freezer?

Congrats to all the fine buck and doe harvesters!!

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Possible that they will because of the cloud cover and cool. That's what I was hoping for last night but the antlers I was waiting on didn't appear during LSL. Can you move closer to their approach without disturbing?

Yeah I probably could. That's actually an excellent idea....thanks.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah I probably could. That's actually an excellent idea....thanks.

If they're bedding close by it won't work of course, but if you know that they may be traveling for a few minutes before they get to you, it may give you some time. Kind of a risky move, but sometimes you have to hunt out of the box............which is easier out here where the wind helps cover you up. (except for the last week the wind has been almost zero everyday.)

Latest posts

Top Bottom