Official 2015-2016 deer hunting season discussion thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Pass on the congrats Foghorn!!

Pretty slow this morning, small buck and a hand full of doe. 3 of doe and twins following them. Sit over a cut milo field this evening. Right after I sit down, I had a forky chasing a doe hard. Then nothing until sunset, then came the doe/fawns tons of them from 4 different locations of the timber. Had a wide/no mass 8pt following the creek, nosed a couple of doe around then split. Just knew a good buck would cross paths with one of those doe crossings, but it never did. Buck to doe/fawn this evening about 1/15.......

Coach_1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got skunked this evening. Not a single deer and didn't see my turkeys that have consistently came in and chowed down on my corn. Hopefully, the deer will show up in the morning.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sunrise to noon today. One stupid forky got within 8ft.

Tough gun season so far. Expecting a wash out in Eastern OK this weekend. I'll be out anytime it stops or isn't just pouring with 25+ mph winds.

Can't buy a doe this year hardly. Seeing mostly dink bucks.

As the year progresses I think more and more of the buck I missed October 3rd. Probably would have tied or beat my biggest. I could kick myself. I need redemption.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Way to go Dennis I have never shot a doe and buck on the same sit before. That's heck of good buck I like the little curly cue point. Do you have cam pics or was it a neighbors buck ? I like the deer loader also. As I mention in a post on another thread its hard when you get older you cant due the things you could do when younger and for me this is one of them I never can remember to fix me something up to load deer up until its deer season. Congrats on the double and thanks for sharing pics with us.

Everything is the neighbors buck where I hunt. Its a quarter of nothing but grass and a couple of scrub trees, but all the property around it has wooded creek lines running through it, so if any deer want to go to the other neighbors place, they have to pass through me. Travel zone.

Latest posts

Top Bottom