Official OSA COVID-19/Corona Virus Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Active cases per county and % of pop.

Mayes- 2 out of 41k, .0048
Delaware- 7 out of 42k, .016
Rogers- 14 out of 92k, .015
Wagoner- 18 out of 81k, .022
Cherokee- 5 out of 48k, .010
Tulsa- 158- out of 651k, .024

Edited due to whiskey errors.

Last edited:

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Mayes- 2 out of 41k, .000048
Delaware- 7 out of 42k, .00016
Rogers- 14 out of 92k, .00015
Wagoner- 18 out of 81k, .00022
Cherokee- 5 out of 48k, .00010
Tulsa- 158- out of 651k, .00024
This would be more impressive if you could show the "% of pop" that have actually been tested.

Just a thought.
:drunk2:

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

Mayes- 2 out of 41k, .000048
Delaware- 7 out of 42k, .00016
Rogers- 14 out of 92k, .00015
Wagoner- 18 out of 81k, .00022
Cherokee- 5 out of 48k, .00010
Tulsa- 158- out of 651k, .00024

Got to move your decimal two places to the right to get the percent, still extremely low.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This would be more impressive if you could show the "% of pop" that have actually been tested.

Just a thought.

I wasn't trying to impress anyone, just stating the facts. Does this trigger you and you want this virus to be more significant?

I will say that the more testing we do, the likelihood of the mortality rate going down even further.

Cheers. :drunk2:

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wasn't trying to impress anyone, just stating the facts. Does this trigger you and you want this virus to be more significant?

I will say that the more testing we do, the likelihood of the mortality rate going down even further.

Cheers. :drunk2:
You only stated a small portion of the facts. Without actual testing, we don't know which direction it would go. And don't play the "trigger card" with me, I'll be jubilant if it's less a threat than predicted.

Either way, given the available (and limited) facts at this point, "likelihood" seems to be an unknown.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You only stated a small portion of the facts. Without actual testing, we don't know which direction it would go. And don't play the "trigger card" with me, I'll be jubilant if it's less a threat than predicted.

Either way, given the available (and limited) facts at this point, "likelihood" seems to be an unknown.

They can only report on what they know currently, as has been the situation all along.

In terms of my likelihood prediction, just noticing the trend that in several demographics the mortality rate has gone down after extensive testing. (and that's with them throwing in all sorts of deaths with covid19 not because of it) But hey, maybe Oklahoma is different LOL. Again, sorry it has you triggered. :D

Last edited:

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They can only report on what they know currently, as has been the situation all along.
Glad you agree. Given the limited data, there are too many unknowns to make concrete assumptions. ;)

In terms of my likelihood prediction, just noticing the trend that in several demographics the mortality rate has gone down after extensive testing. But hey, maybe Oklahoma is different LOL. Again, sorry it has you triggered. :D
That's ok. Sorry you think anyone that replies to your post(s) is triggered.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glad you agree. Given the limited data, there are too many unknowns to make concrete assumptions. ;)

That's ok. Sorry you think anyone that replies to your post(s) is triggered.

No need to be sorry... just pointing out you've thrown a strange hissy fit since I posted those numbers. It is what it is.

I didn't make an assumption in my initial post. Posted a ratio of ACTIVE cases vs Pop.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No need to be sorry... just pointing out you've thrown a strange hissy fit since I posted those numbers. It is what it is.

I didn't make an assumption in my initial post. Posted a ratio of ACTIVE cases vs Pop.
Lol, nice try. My response was in no way a "hissy fit." :D

And again, that ratio is meaningless. If only a small percentage of the pop is tested (say 3%), then they could all test positive but known active cases would remain to be be 3% of the pop.

But I'm sure (or at least, I hope) you're smart enough to realize that. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom