Official OSA COVID-19/Corona Virus Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought the mask was to protect others? Why would the supporter not wearing a mask get ill? From another supporter not wearing a mask? If someone fears getting sick they shouldn’t attend the rally or do anything else in public. Plenty of options to totally avoid contact with other humans for those fearful of getting sick. When they stop allowing protesters and Home Depot shoppers to mingle, they can worry about a Trump rally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you for the question. The supporter not wearing the mask has already gotten ill before the rally: they just do not know it yet. Yes the greatest benefit to masks is protecting others. There is a lesser, but still real, benefit to protecting yourself, depending on the type of mask worn......This is my understanding based on the research I've been able to read.

An indoor crowed event at which people are cheering (e.h. political rally or athletic event), talking loudly (meat packing plant), or singing is the very worst situation for transmission of the virus.
More droplets are expelled from the upper respiratory system. Research shows that these are the "super-spreader events".

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The current state of mask wearing is a joke (not covering mouth and/or nose)..... but properly worn masks are not a joke: they are an inexpensive, effective method of greatly reducing transmission of the virus to others. (See the study I cited earlier in this thread)

Scenario: A Trump supporter attends the rally and cheers for the President without a properly worn mask. A few days later the supporter becomes obviously ill with COVID. The rate of transmission spikes and contact tracing identifies the rally as the source.
Question: How dumb is this fellow and the dozens of others like him or her going to feel for harming others and for making Trump look bad?

Let us look at the logic of this scenario. Those choosing to wear a mast should be unaffected. Those who choose to not wear a mask are the only ones who are theoretically susceptible. Those wearing a mask are therefore not culpable and those not wearing a mask who catch the covid from someone else not wearing a mask are the only ones at risk and chose to be so. I see no harm or foul. Whatever the left and press(but I repeat myself) wishes to make of it will happen regardless of what ever happens. If no one gets sick, you'll not hear about it. If one person gets sick, it'll be reported as the greatest calamity to befall mankind. It'll be mendacity spouted to support the left's/press's agenda.

Woody

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let us look at the logic of this scenario. Those choosing to wear a mast should be unaffected. Those who choose to not wear a mask are the only ones who are theoretically susceptible. Those wearing a mask are therefore not culpable and those not wearing a mask who catch the covid from someone else not wearing a mask are the only ones at risk and chose to be so. I see no harm or foul. Whatever the left and press(but I repeat myself) wishes to make of it will happen regardless of what ever happens. If no one gets sick, you'll not hear about it. If one person gets sick, it'll be reported as the greatest calamity to befall mankind. It'll be mendacity spouted to support the left's/press's agenda.

Woody
Thanks for thinking it through. My understanding is that masks are not 100% effective...even the N95 masks (5% still gets through?). Plain cloth masks are probably only 20-40% effective at protecting the wearer.
In addition, masks do not protect your eyes...at least some sources advise that you can become infected through the eyes....I'm not entirely sure and can't cite any search on this.
So some masked people at the rally will become ill...they are susceptible
The bigger factor, however is that many will not be wearing masks.
Anyone in a group who is not wearing a mask is a potential unknowing spreader of the disease.

I see your point about people without masks being responsible for their own illness. I'd still put some of the blame on the spreaders.....and as you point out, the press is going to spin it heavily. I can see them showing computer animations of virus spread throughout the crowd and replaying the warning health experts gave in which they urged against having the rally. Sick, sacred people will not help the reelection effort.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hard to believe that that people politicize everything including masks....and trust the internet for their facts. I'm grasping to find similar situations or parallels. In part, I have to believe it is a lack of an understanding of microorganisms and their spread....most have never taken a lab course in which sterile techniques were practiced. In addition, far too many online pundits have bloviated claiming the disease is mild for most people etc.. And the CDC shooting itself in the foot by claiming early on that mask were not useful for the general public.....This was perhaps the original politicization done because no government official wanted to admit that had messed up royally by not maintaining stockpiles of masks and other PPE.

ZombieHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can you point to the proof of aerosolization spread of asymptomatic carriers?

Wow.

This has been said over and over. The main form of spread is through AEROSOLIZED DROPLETS, they once thought it was only from sneezing and coughing but are finding that just normal existing indoors is all it takes, just breathing. **** me.

Hard to believe that that people politicize everything including masks....and trust the internet for their facts. I'm grasping to find similar situations or parallels. In part, I have to believe it is a lack of an understanding of microorganisms and their spread....most have never taken a lab course in which sterile techniques were practiced. In addition, far too many online pundits have bloviated claiming the disease is mild for most people etc.. And the CDC shooting itself in the foot by claiming early on that mask were not useful for the general public.....This was perhaps the original politicization done because no government official wanted to admit that had messed up royally by not maintaining stockpiles of masks and other PPE.

How about Scarface the rapper, perfectly healthy before Covid, now he is on Dialysis for the rest of his life, it killed his kidneys.

This "just a flu virus" is a blood disease......hard to say it and not cause worldwide panic though.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow.

This has been said over and over. The main form of spread is through AEROSOLIZED DROPLETS, they once thought it was only from sneezing and coughing but are finding that just normal existing indoors is all it takes, just breathing. **** me.

I see you have no clue what asymptomatic means.

Keep in mind you really haven't been right about anything of significance since this whole thing started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom