Official OSA COVID-19/Corona Virus Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Of course it is. last I saw Oklahoma Co. has 780,000 people in it and 56 have died. Thats .00007 chance. I think I'll stop worrying, Oh wait, I already did

I wonder if these low numbers are the result of a large portion of the OK County population was practicing CDC recommendations? Not to mention a significant lockdown during April and May.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder if these low numbers are the result of a large portion of the OK County population was practicing CDC recommendations? Not to mention a significant lockdown during April and May.
OK co didnt even shut down bars and restaurants as fast as others I dont think. And if you go to any retail store or eatery in OK co today, you will be crowded. The low numbers are because it just isnt that deadly. Look up OK covid stats by county and do the math. they are all well below .1

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK co didnt even shut down bars and restaurants as fast as others I dont think. And if you go to any retail store or eatery in OK co today, you will be crowded. The low numbers are because it just isnt that deadly. Look up OK covid stats by county and do the math. they are all well below .1

No doubt the death number is low for whatever reason. Hopefully, you are right and it’s just not that deadly. The elderly and those with compromised health conditions seem most at risk for death. Aside from the death rate, however, there are some horror stories from those who became sick and eventually recovered; others didn’t even know they were sick. Strange virus. I think I’ll try to avoid it.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rate of transmission of the disease is on the increase in Oklahoma....see the figure below. The predicted summer slow down, that was widely discussed, is not happening.

According to coronavirus.health.ok.gov the state as of 6/22 the state has seen 10,733 cases and 369 deaths. That is a 3.4% death rate.

Screen Shot 2020-06-22 at 1.28.36 PM.png

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rate of transmission of the disease is on the increase in Oklahoma....see the figure below. The predicted summer slow down, that was widely discussed, is not happening.

According to coronavirus.health.ok.gov the state as of 6/22 the state has seen 10,733 cases and 369 deaths. That is a 3.4% death rate.

View attachment 166210

Understand. CHenry was making comparison to the whole population of OK County. The 3.4% death rate you quote is what concerns me considering the rising number of cases and the increasing disregard of people to follow CDC guidelines.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Understand. CHenry was making comparison to the whole population of OK County. The 3.4% death rate you quote is what concerns me considering the rising number of cases and the increasing disregard of people to follow CDC guidelines.
I dont know where that graph came from but I use only the OK Health Dept stats because I know they are not in cahoots with Capitol hill Liberal liers.
It is not 3.4%
The increased numbers are easily explained by the massive amounts of more testing going on the last 2 weeks.
Dont drink the coolaid, its more deadly/damaging than Covid.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

View attachment 166210
The number of hospitalized folks is steadily dropping and they dont tell you that. So where do you get your info? Liberal News Network?
Really?
Prove to me the summer heat isnt helping.
Like I said alot more test are being done so of course it looks like an increase but dead people are less and less every day

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dont know where that graph came from but I use only the OK Health Dept stats because I know they are not in cahoots with Capitol hill Liberal liers.
It is not 3.4%
The increased numbers are easily explained by the massive amounts of more testing going on the last 2 weeks.
Dont drink the coolaid, its more deadly/damaging than Covid.

I rely on Johns Hopkins site that tracks the percent positive. It’s not effected by the number of test. 1 positive out of 2 test is 50%; 500 positive out of 1000 test is 50%. That graph has been rising since June 1st.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The number of hospitalized folks is steadily dropping and they dont tell you that. So where do you get your info? Liberal News Network?
Really?
Prove to me the summer heat isnt helping.
Like I said alot more test are being done so of course it looks like an increase but dead people are less and less every day

Look at the OSDH weekly executive report. The number of ICU beds available in the state has been going down (not all associated with the virus). Last Friday only 25% of ICU beds in the state were available.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The graph is from rt.live

This article from the Daily Oklahoman on 6/17 addresses your points:
The rising number of new cases and higher percentages of patients who are testing positive for COVID-19 means Oklahoma no longer meets two of the criteria that the White House established for reopening a state, he said.

The state does meet some of the other criteria such as hospital capacity, low hospitalization rates and adequate supplies to treat patients, Bratzler (OU Medicine's chief enterprise quality officer) said....

Bratzler said the spike in confirmed COVID-19 cases can't be attributed to more testing. The state actually performed more tests the week of May 17, but the number of tests that came back positive in the week that followed was only 1.8%. Last week, 4.6% of the tests came back positive.

Hospitalizations remain relatively low, with about 170 people hospitalized who have either been diagnosed with COVID-19 or are under investigation for COVID-19 symptoms, he said.

Bratzler said the hospitalization rate may be lower because more younger people are being diagnosed with the virus.

"Part of the reason we may not be seeing as many hospitalizations and deaths is that it is a different demographic right now that are testing positive," he said.

However, Bratzler cautioned that hospitalization rates typically trail diagnosis rates by a few days.

"It's likely that we'll see more hospitalizations over the next week," he said. "Deaths are delayed. They tend to occur two to three weeks after tests are confirmed."
https://oklahoman.com/article/56647...sets-new-daily-record-for-covid-19-infections

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom