Official OSA COVID-19/Corona Virus Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
True, their mortality rate is much lower. But, not the mortality rate of their parents, grandparents, professors, school maintenance, school admin, and the elderly in the general public that they WILL come in contact with. I just don’t see how you can ignore that fact.

Your comment about no time to come in contact with others is really laughable. I had a sister in a Sorority and she had as much free time, if not more social time, than I did. What’s your basis for making the statement on no time available by Sorority members?

They are significantly less likely to spread CV19 than kids 0-24 outside of a college town. Sorry you just don't want to go back home the first month of school. Too much going on in the beginning, especially in the greek system. As for your concern for Professors, maintenance and school admin LOL?? Everyone will be social distancing I'm sure and wearing masks. They are the magic bullet after all eh? Like I said, I'm not sure the point you are trying to make, the dorms will be worse. You're going to have to understand that people are going back to college.

Let's clarify what I said, I think it's hilarious that you believe that kids go to school and are back on the weekends the first few weeks, or even the first month. My view comes from when I was the social chair for our fraternity for starters, and I dunno how many friends I had in the Greek system. Dated my fair share in the system too.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hydroxychloroquine: The Narrative That it Doesn’t Work is the Biggest Hoax in Recent Human History
For those who are afflicted with the pandemic, afraid of dying, losing family or friends, I would like to inform you: I am the bearer of good news.
https://truthabouthcq.com/hcq-works/

"I do not know Trump or Bolsonaro," said Didier Raoult, a professor of infectious diseases at the IHU-Marseille, on 24 June, the French National Assembly, when provided a testimonial for a special commission.

Piece 1: the hydroxychloroquine solution appears
March 17, 2020

The study ran the internet. He had this impressive chart. People who took hydroxychloroquine with azithromycin, an antibiotic, made a spectacular and rapid recovery.

1_tRu6o_eP9Nhtb0Qk_DxkoQ.jpg

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's interesting you believe numbers when they coincide with what you believe. Just pointing that out. The new cases are SLIGHTLY Lower than the week of July 15th..... they've been higher every week since. It went like this though, I asked for someone to show me a decrease in the numbers since the mandate. You posted a graph, and I dug up the reports and it showed that in every metric, you were incorrect. Even with this latest report, you're still barely below ~8-9% those mid July numbers. You were dismissive. Then like I said... you post 2 month old data.

Please read my posts closer. I stated in the first graph that my assessment was based purely on empirical evidence of the downward trend in daily cases solely the result of my observation of more mask use since the middle of July - nothing to do with a mandate.

You then brought up the weekly “trend” since the mask mandate. I graphed your numbers and showed you there was not enough data in your numbers to identify a trend, especially considering the lag time between mandate and average symptom onsite. I then posted about the one weekly data point we now have since the data you provided and basing your conclusions on. It was lower than the week before which now makes 2 down weeks in a row. I also stated there is still not enough data to indicate any kind of trend.

In any case, I never said I was for a mask mandate. I don’t think it works. I’m not sure you can identify any real trend in the data you are arguing for because of all the crappy masks being improperly worn, and a lot of non-compliance with mask mandates. That’s one of the reason I question your supposition of those few data points you are relying upon, coupled with your lack of sufficient amount of data points.

Just stop man, you are digging a deeper hole with each post; especially if you’re going to start arguing again that sorority girls have no time to move about in the general public until near the end of a semester.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Please read my posts closer. I stated in the first graph that my assessment was based purely on empirical evidence of the downward trend in daily cases solely the result of my observation of more mask use since the middle of July - nothing to do with a mandate.

You then brought up the weekly “trend” since the mask mandate. I graphed your numbers and showed you there was not enough data in your numbers to identify a trend, especially considering the lag time between mandate and average symptom onsite. I then posted about the one weekly data point we now have since the data you provided and basing your conclusions on. It was lower than the week before which now makes 2 down weeks in a row. I also stated there is still not enough data to indicate any kind of trend.

In any case, I never said I was for a mask mandate. I don’t think it works. I’m not sure you can identify any real trend in the data you are arguing for because of all the crappy masks being improperly worn, and a lot of non-compliance with mask mandates. That’s one of the reason I question your supposition of those few data points you are relying upon, coupled with your lack of sufficient amount of data points.

Just stop man, you are digging a deeper hole with each post; especially if you’re going to start arguing again that sorority girls have no time to move about in the general public until near the end of a semester.

I read your posts just fine. I have given plenty of time for the lag, average time for symptom onset is 3-6 days. I stated more than a few weeks of data, I broke down the infections, hospitalizations, and deaths. All were higher, until this last week (although we've had a few 900 infection days since) in which it was near where it started a month ago. I'd say that's enough to solidify my point that we haven't seen a significant reduction since the mandate. But like I said... you then turn around and post 2 month old data comparing Covid to the Flu. Can we apply your criticisms to the same set of data? Or lack thereof?

I'm not digging any holes, and you also need to quit changing the goalposts, I was speaking of the first part of the semester and stated as such. Look, if you don't understand that kids are extremely excited and busy at the beginning of a semester and have absolutely no desire to go visit grandma, then you are completely clueless. If you have no idea that for the first 2 weeks of the semester (Pi Phis especially) those girls are locked down in the best of times. It's fawking called RUSH. They go apechit. I guarantee all social events are shut down anyways, which even adds more to my point. There's a reason Dad's day and Mom's day etc are booked LATER in the semester. So honestly, I couldn't care less what you believe, I lived it.

Are you honestly worried about transmission to the elderly? Consider this.... 638 deaths.....270 of them happened in LTCFs. But.. but.. yes... I know....Masks, schools, sororities are apparently the problem around here.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not digging any holes, and you also need to quit changing the goalposts, I was speaking of the first part of the semester and stated as such. Look, if you don't understand that kids are extremely excited and busy at the beginning of a semester and have absolutely no desire to go visit grandma, then you are completely clueless. If you have no idea that for the first 2 weeks of the semester (Pi Phis especially) those girls are locked down in the best of times. It's fawking called RUSH. They go apechit. I guarantee all social events are shut down anyways, which even adds more to my point. There's a reason Dad's day and Mom's day etc are booked LATER in the semester. So honestly, I couldn't care less what you believe, I lived it.

Are you honestly worried about transmission to the elderly? Consider this.... 638 deaths.....270 of them happened in LTCFs. But.. but.. yes... I know....Masks, schools, sororities are apparently the problem around here.

Swiss children are allowed to visit grandma .. as transmission of C19 by children are extremely rare
I'm not aware of a single documented instance of a child transmitting C19 to a teacher anywhere in the WORLD.

https://swprs.org/a-swiss-doctor-on-covid-19/

loads of references to children by Americasfrontlinedoctors viral vido link below
please watch these videos .. well worth your time!!!
https://americasfrontlinedoctors.us/

Dr. Simone Gold… Hydroxychloroquine has been safely prescribed hundreds of millions of times since the FDA approved it 65 years ago. CDC says it can be "safely taken by pregnant women and children". WHO calls it an essential medicine. Why is the media all of a sudden claiming it’s dangerous? (twitter.com)

CDC website has hydroxychloroquine listed as safe for all ages to take including children and pregnant women. Education is the only way to end the fear!

Eeq-juQUEAAgZ_p

Last edited:

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
...But like I said... you then turn around and post 2 month old data comparing Covid to the Flu. Can we apply your criticisms to the same set of data? Or lack thereof?

So honestly, I couldn't care less what you believe, I lived it...

Yes, it was 2 month old data; it was a comparison of flu deaths to Covid 19 deaths by age group AT THAT TIME. I suggest the magnitude is similar today but I don't find any new information on that metric. And, I don't vouche for the accuracy of Business Insiders numbers; just posting the data I ran across.

Regarding what I believe - As stated, I was in a fraternity, also dated sorority members, and was a big brother to one sorority. Your experience was obviously different than mine. We all had plenty of extra time to socialize in public, move among the general public for shopping, party at night, etc. Remember, my original question was how many of the 22 asymptomatic sorority girls moved among the general public could have exposed elderly people; and wondered how this relates to other asymptomatic persons and the general public. I guess we can call OSU and let them know that JD8 of OSA has stated that sorority members are locked-down during the first part of the semester and there is no need to hire the contact tracers they have contracted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom