Official OSA COVID-19/Corona Virus Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You saying they don’t have time to go to grocery stores, restaurants, part-time jobs, etc? No need to answer. I graduated from college and know the routine for the first few weeks, especially the night life.

Yeah, actually I am saying that. They live in the house, they eat there, a VAST majority of sorority girls don't get jobs.... until... later in the semester..... because..... NO TIME. Nightlife is DONE right now in Norman. Get ready to get even more scared my fearful friend.... because the dorms will be another story.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, actually I am saying that. They live in the house, they eat there, a VAST majority of sorority girls don't get jobs.... until... later in the semester..... because..... NO TIME. Nightlife is DONE right now in Norman. Get ready to get even more scared my fearful friend.... because the dorms will be another story.

I’m not fearful - I take the precautions I deem best for me and my family. Others can decide what is best for them.

I’m just providing data and perspective. I was in a fraternity starting my sophomore year and had plenty of time, with the exception of hell week at the end of the semester, to work, socialize, study in the library, play intramural sports, party most nights, and occasionally return home for the weekends. I don’t understand what you mean when you say “no time” for anything else. That was not my college experience.

Also, I was implying this small asymptotic group of college girls could relate to the general public of asymptotic 20 somethings out running around / working and in contact with older members of the public.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m not fearful - I take the precautions I deem best for me and my family. Others can decide what is best for them.

I’m just providing data and perspective. I was in a fraternity starting my sophomore year and had plenty of time, with the exception of hell week at the end of the semester, to work, socialize, study in the library, play intramural sports, party most nights, and occasionally return home for the weekends. I don’t understand what you mean when you say “no time” for anything else. That was not my college experience.

Also, I was implying this small asymptotic group of college girls could relate to the general public of asymptotic 20 somethings out running around / working and in contact with older members of the public.

You post stuff on the fearful side, be honest. I showed you an uptrend in cases since the mask mandates and you wouldn't even acknowledge it. Citing not enough data points? You now are making judgements off ONE data point here, and it's not even of the same reference as the one I posted. You also just posted 2 month old data yesterday. How is that relevant to what is going on now?

Sororities are quite different than a fraternity, and I'm not sure how involved you were..... but yes... the first semester you are quite busy. They are significantly more involved in the first few weeks for rush. Given all that, I'll bet they are on lockdown to some degree.

In the end, I guess I don't get the "Oh Noes!!!" factor when 900+ people tested positive yesterday. As I said previously, there WILL be more instances like this. To me, it's for the better, let them all get it and stay at school for a month or two, their mortality risk is VERY VERY low. This thing would fizzle out pretty quick.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You post stuff on the fearful side, be honest. I showed you an uptrend in cases since the mask mandates and you wouldn't even acknowledge it...

Because I don’t believe it. You didn’t have enough data in your set. By the way, did you see the Executive Report on Friday? The weekly number was the lowest of the data points you started with - that’s down 2 week in a row now. It’s too soon, in my opinion, to pronounce any trend if there is one to be identified, considering all the variables. However, I plan to update the graph I previously posted for you with the numbers you provided and include last Friday down number with next Friday’s report. No matter what your perspective on masks, It will be good thing for all if the trend continues down.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
...To me, it's for the better, let them all get it and stay at school for a month or two, their mortality risk is VERY VERY low. This thing would fizzle out pretty quick.

True, their mortality rate is much lower. But, not the mortality rate of their parents, grandparents, professors, school maintenance, school admin, and the elderly in the general public that they WILL come in contact with. I just don’t see how you can ignore that fact.

Your comment about no time to come in contact with others is really laughable. I had a sister in a Sorority and she had as much free time, if not more social time, than I did. What’s your basis for making the statement on no time available by Sorority members?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom