Official OSA COVID-19/Corona Virus Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From said article: "Focusing on universal masking alone may, paradoxically, lead to more transmission of Covid-19 if it diverts attention from implementing more fundamental infection-control measures."

The above is talking about in a hospital setting along with other PPE use.
Rhetorical questions: By what voodoo does it NOT apply to the general public? Why is the CDC stating otherwise and lemming mayors, governors, etc. all over the land piling on?

I don't know man . . . I really don't know.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From said article: "Focusing on universal masking alone may, paradoxically, lead to more transmission of Covid-19 if it diverts attention from implementing more fundamental infection-control measures."

The above is talking about in a hospital setting along with other PPE use.
Rhetorical questions: By what voodoo does it NOT apply to the general public? Why is the CDC stating otherwise and lemming mayors, governors, etc. all over the land piling on?

So this is what I'm saying.... you get all these maskholes, preaching about masks, yet you get no word on the basics of hand sanitation, distancing, etc.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Didn't know common sense was out the ****ing window but should have figured, don't share masks.

Funny how common sense should be all that is necessary in this situation but not when it comes to keeping the economy rolling.

Orchestrating a crisis is tough business. One little faux pas and it all crumbles.

Woody

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So this is what I'm saying.... you get all these maskholes, preaching about masks, yet you get no word on the basics of hand sanitation, distancing, etc.
Exactly, the best defense at this time against the virus (and still have our freedoms) is to employ an all of the above approach. Except with enough distancing in the outdoors, masks don't seem to be needed.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@ZombieHunter

As of Friday morning in Oklahoma:
Total Tests for Corona: 456,817. (Since March)
Total tests Negative: 433,376
(That’s statistically means you have a 94% chance of NOT having it if tested)
Total Cases: 23,441 (Again since March. This means even though total cases continue to increase; infection rate is only .05%)
Hospitalizations: 638 (this is worth watching; but also means of those infected .1% are bad enough to be hospitalized)
Intensive Care: 235. (This means of those hospitalized half are critical; and if infected your chances of becoming critical are .05%)
Ventilator Patients: 0 (This is a biggie. A month ago we would see this number in the 10s. Doctors have learned how to keep people off ventilators. GREATLY increasing your chances of recovery)
Recoveries: 18,095. (This is the number no one reporting!)
So if we take the total cases and subtract the recoveries we get:
ACTUAL cases: 5,346 (Significantly less than what is being reported)
If I were to report this like the media I would then divide the reported cases by the actual cases and get what I call:
Report Inflation Factor: 22%

ETA: From Lee Matthew's FB page. Datasource: https://covidtracking.com/

Last edited:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@ZombieHunter

As of Friday morning in Oklahoma:
Total Tests for Corona: 456,817. (Since March)
Total tests Negative: 433,376
(That’s statistically means you have a 94% chance of NOT having it if tested)
Total Cases: 23,441 (Again since March. This means even though total cases continue to increase; infection rate is only .05%)
Hospitalizations: 638 (this is worth watching; but also means of those infected .1% are bad enough to be hospitalized)
Intensive Care: 235. (This means of those hospitalized half are critical; and if infected your chances of becoming critical are .05%)
Ventilator Patients: 0 (This is a biggie. A month ago we would see this number in the 10s. Doctors have learned how to keep people off ventilators. GREATLY increasing your chances of recovery)
Recoveries: 18,095. (This is the number no one reporting!)
So if we take the total cases and subtract the recoveries we get:
ACTUAL cases: 5,346 (Significantly less than what is being reported)
If I were to report this like the media I would then divide the reported cases by the actual cases and get what I call:
Report Inflation Factor: 22%

That ventilator patient count is incorrect. There were 11 last weekend alone at St Johns. You are correct in that the number of people that need to be on the vent is much less than before, but it's not 0 by any means.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That ventilator patient count is incorrect. There were 11 last weekend alone at St Johns. You are correct in that the number of people that need to be on the vent is much less than before, but it's not 0 by any means.
Yea, that was a cut and paste from Lee Matthews and I didn't want to alter it. He should have said they've figured out how to keep MOST patients off a vent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom