Official Piece of Crap 1911 Build Thread!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just curious, but could you post a picture or two of the tools you are using for this?

I know it's a random question, but I would love to build one, but I don't have any machining equipment.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Just curious, but could you post a picture or two of the tools you are using for this?

I know it's a random question, but I would love to build one, but I don't have any machining equipment.

HERES ONE FROM TECHNETIUM99's SHOP:
[Broken External Image]

AND ANOTHER:
apwtorch.com_artman2_uploads_1_sledgehammer.jpg

AND LOTS OF THIS:
[Broken External Image]

technetium-99m

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Perhaps I didn't win the internet word fight.

As far as tools, I have a vice, some files, and some stones.

I use a barrel alignment block to get the hood to start in the slide, some trigger adjustment pins to do a trigger job, and an EdBrown sear jig.

I don't have any machining equipment.

But I do use my hacksaw, huge sledgehammer, and duct tape frequently. It is a great substitute for hard chrome.

technetium-99m

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Back on track now,

All the 1911 gurus are more than welcome, nay encouraged to provide advice on whatever they see here, except for olyeller, who has been banned.

I know Dr. Greyson frequents, I also think someone on here works/worked at Nowlin. Speak up guys, if I do something wrong or it can be done in a better way let me know.

POSITIVE DISCONTENT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Looking good. Are you leaving the front flat? I think they look hot when the front and back follow the grip angle. Is there enough trigger guard for you? You could file on that thing for days! Melt Job? What are you doing for a trigger, hammer, sights and tail?

technetium-99m

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Dustcover will be cut to match the front serrations I think.

I'm going to use a long flat trigger, Koenig hammer, egw sear and disconnect. Haven't decided on beavertail yet. I really like the trigger guard. I was thinking of trying to internally square it since square guards are hawt.

Latest posts

Top Bottom