OGE remotely controlling thermostat?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am wondering how you have gotten out of that, maybe out in the country for now, but soon there will be no option, I fought it tooth and nail, but in the end I lost.

"Resistance is futile."
"Just say, 'NO'."
In the end, maybe ....... for now, I resist. They wanted to 'charge' a reading fee, since I refused the smart meter. We settle on, I read my own meter on the 10th of every month and write it on my bill. They 'spot check'. Reader knocked on the door Monday to notify he was reading the meter. System working for now. For how long, who knows.
We have no choice in provider.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"Resistance is futile."
"Just say, 'NO'."
In the end, maybe ....... for now, I resist. They wanted to 'charge' a reading fee, since I refused the smart meter. We settle on, I read my own meter on the 10th of every month and write it on my bill. They 'spot check'. Reader knocked on the door Monday to notify he was reading the meter. System working for now. For how long, who knows.
We have no choice in provider.

You do have a choice in who your utility provider will be.
Every ten years, every municipality in Oklahoma votes on who they want. Most people just check the box and go on.

Those wanting to opt out of the wireless systems by voting it out, might want to do a little research. I'm not on OG&E electric, and I have a wireless meter. Almost all utilities are moving in that direction.

Latest posts

Top Bottom