Oh Tulsa...... Mask Alert.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It lost it's flavor without the quote I was replying to for context, but I'm game.

Of all the ailments you mention, there has been a massive push at a federal and state level to reduce all of them. Big blocks of our taxes help fund all of it. Flu gets a big vaccine push every year and the treatment is widely available for those who want it. The mask thing is Heart disease is becoming less lethal too as science works to better understand cause and improve treatments. Have you not seen the national campaign against tobacco over the last twenty years? A raise to the minimum age to purchase, can't even enjoy an after meal smoke in the restaurants because of how a persons smoke affects everyone else. Alcohol is a funny thing to toss in there as when a person drinks and heads into public, they're not arrested for being a danger to themselves, they're arrested for endangering others.

Doesn't matter if there has been federal efforts to reduce them. I can freely smoke, eat sugar and processed foods, and drink alcohol (within reason) and..... during FLU season NOTHING is shut down, I don't have to wear a mask, and people walk into work without being tested. 80K people died a few years back.... not a peep.

I threw alcohol specifically for the reason that people are relaying that not wearing a mask is endangering others.

I said it before and I'll say it again..... making me wear a mask that we all know is garbage (not all masks are garbage) for a disease that has an extremely low mortality rate, now showing less than the Flu... is not the hill to die on.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Doesn't matter if there has been federal efforts to reduce them. I can freely smoke, eat sugar and processed foods, and drink alcohol (within reason) and..... during FLU season NOTHING is shut down, I don't have to wear a mask, and people walk into work without being tested. 80K people died a few years back.... not a peep.

I threw alcohol specifically for the reason that people are relaying that not wearing a mask is endangering others.

I said it before and I'll say it again..... making me wear a mask that we all know is garbage (not all masks are garbage) for a disease that has an extremely low mortality rate, now showing less than the Flu... is not the hill to die on.

We've discussed this in another thread, even during a time of mandate, nobody is forcing you to wear a mask. You can elect to not wear it, but you must hold your principals higher than your need for normalcy.

You've just become so used to the restrictions on every item you listed that those restrictions seem normal.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Fauci is a fear-monger... As well as the media... Outside of sanitary behaviors such as masks and hand washing, have they recommended or said anything about certain foods or vitamins... There's been studies on Vitamin D and how it can put up a great fight against viruses and respritory infection. Sure, there may have been one report ran here or there... But it not nearly the coverage masks have gotten. Why is that? If they were truly concerned about your well-being they'd be airing all kinds of stories on potential treatments you have around your house... But nope... It's all vaccines, masks, quarantine...

Why? Because it's about politics... It's not about you and your health. It's about hurting you, the economy; the schools and anything else in hopes that you vote Trump out after this is all said and done. That's it. Period.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fauci is a fear-monger... As well as the media... Outside of sanitary behaviors such as masks and hand washing, have they recommended or said anything about certain foods or vitamins... There's been studies on Vitamin D and how it can put up a great fight against viruses and respritory infection. Sure, there may have been one report ran here or there... But it not nearly the coverage masks have gotten. Why is that? If they were truly concerned about your well-being they'd be airing all kinds of stories on potential treatments you have around your house... But nope... It's all vaccines, masks, quarantine...

Why? Because it's about politics... It's not about you and your health. It's about hurting you, the economy; the schools and anything else in hopes that you vote Trump out after this is all said and done. That's it. Period.

Yep. I've damn near forced everyone in my family to supplement D, C, and Zinc.... not really.... but I did buy everyone all of the supplements I take.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fun fact, the recommended serving for One-A-Day vitamins is two vitamins per day.

Just curious, where did y'all hear about the benefits of vitamins concerning the rona?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm reading OKC will have a "hold my beer" moment....... their mandate will be enforced by police and it will be ages 10 and over.

I'll shut up now. Maybe. :D

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Fun fact, the recommended serving for One-A-Day vitamins is two vitamins per day.

Just curious, where did y'all hear about the benefits of vitamins concerning the rona?
I've always believed the best preventitive is great nutrition and it does go a long way.... More specifically vitamins and minerals in their role with being healthy. I just remember a while back reading about Vitamin D and how it helps fight viral infections.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

So doctors have been doing Vit C infusions as additional treatment since this started.

Vitamin D

Dr Berg has several videos.

There are several other videos and studies out there concerning Vit D and viruses in general.

FWIW I take 5,000 IU a day. Took 10K for years.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So doctors have been doing Vit C infusions as additional treatment since this started.

Vitamin D

Dr Berg has several videos.

There are several other videos and studies out there concerning Vit D and viruses in general.

FWIW I take 5,000 IU a day. Took 10K for years.

I thought maybe you were following Fauci and POTUS advice from early March. I got it from a press conference. Good stuff year round too, but like @MaddSkillz said, good nutrition is king, I just can't choke down avocado.

Latest posts

Top Bottom