Ohio CCW citizen arrested??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah really...The owner of the car didn't even give them permission to search the car. Then when the driver had his CCL in hand, the cop wouldn't let him talk or hand him the licence's, then proceeds to chew him out and threaten him several times...WTF?!?! This cop has serious issues and puts out a horrible image for all the good LEO's.

Fatboy Joe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think glocktogo said it best right away. This is a training video for all other officers. There were a lot of steps missed by these two officers. They didn't run the tag until 14 mins into the traffic stop. Also, they didn't secure the vehicle (everyone out) before they started searching it anyways. I don't know if they even had a reason to search the vehicle. And then search the vehicle while someone was still inside. According to the video he has only been charged with stopping in the road and a misdemeanor failure to notify.

Obviously there were issues with the cop, but that speaks for itself.

RKM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The whole video bothered me. It was almost like worst case scenerio out of a movie. No matter what anyone said the cop was either going to twist it around or make threats about it. I would think that as a civilian had I threatened someone like that criminal charges would be filed.
No if's and's or but's that guy should never be allowed to wear a badge again.
Unfortunatly when someone sees a video like that all good cops are tarnished. Very sad.

Lithiumokc

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Im sure he will get whats coming to him. Im just glad it was not a different person he pulled that on. It could have very easily had a very different outcome with a different type of person. Alpha vs Alpha type. Im really glad it wasn't me, I expect much more respect than that and would have surly voiced it. I know it would not be smart but I know i could not have helped myself.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah I like lithium probably would have voiced my dissatisfaction with their level of professionalism and probably would have started highlighting everything they had screwed up to that point. IE Did I say you could search my car? No I didn't. And your officer rooting around in my backseat with me in the car has potential to be dangerous if I were not an honest productive member of society.

The video will no doubt make it into training as there is a litany of wrongs done. It is as others have said, "How not to conduct a traffic stop."

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was in Canton for three months last year. Glad I never ran into to these two ass clowns w/badges. Lead LEO needs to cut back on the roids. What a couple of douches. The partner is crawling around the backseat and they haven't even approached the driver yet?! That's a good way to get killed, Po-Po. That whole incident is on the LEOs and their failure to follow safe procedures.

Gives a black eye to the vast majority of good, non-death-threat-spewing LEOs out there.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We don't need people like this hiding behind the badge. It makes us all look bad by association. This thread will most likely get locked, but I think it's important to call attention to inappropriate behavior when it's that far out of bounds. The way the officer talked to him AFTER he was in cuffs and detained without resistance, is cause for the man to reasonably fear for his life. That **** is completely uncalled for.

The officer is obviously embarrassed because his strongarm tactics failed to take officer safety into account. He recognizes that if the CCW'er were instead a violent armed felon, he and his partner would quite possibly be dead or seriously injured. This is one for the training films on how NOT to perform a traffic stop. :(

Couldn't have said it better myself. :thumb:

this video was posted last night and and some how disappeared. the thin blue line

The video was probably deleted because of its nature and NSFW content. Not because any of the mods here are trying to cover up for a fellow police officer. I don't appreciate the "thin blue line" comment. Not all cops are dirty and completely out of line on a traffic stop like this prick. The "thin blue line" means a fellow officer will back their brothers in blue regardless of the situation. That is just not the case nowadays. Many years ago it might have been, but just like anything else, you learn from your mistakes.

Some guys hide behind the gun and badge and think they are above the law and are entitled to do/say whatever they want just because they are a peace officer. What a load of crap! We serve under and must adhere to the same laws as any other citizen out there. Just because we enforce the law, does not mean we can break them. :nono1:

Granted, there IS a certain code amongst police officers. Like if one of us gets our ass kicked, we ALL get our ass kicked. One of us goes on a dangerous call, we ALL go on the call. One of us hurt, we ALL hurt. But please don't label us all in the same category as the dipshit in the video. He definitely needs stripped of his shield.

With your "thin blue line" stereotype, you insinuate that I am in the same category as this jerk because a cop, is a cop, is a cop. I resent that! :madbox:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom