OIL FIRE Whiskey SMMMOOOOTTTTHHHH

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was at the liquor store yesterday looking at whiskey. I saw a Texas themed one. Forget the name but it came with a Texas flag style bag kinda like crown royal comes with, the bottle also had pictures of wooden oil derricks on it. I read the fine print… “Product of Canada”

Then there was an Okie one. Came with a bag too. Said “7 years aged in barrel”
The Okie one also said Product of Canada…

So I bought a bottle of TX Whiskey instead since I know that’s actually Texan.
Good tell those filthy Maple syrup guzzlers to shove it! Same issue with Pendleton Whiskey, pretends to be from Oregon but is in fact Canadian. The Canadian by his very nature is a liar. A nation with no culture or identity of it's own beyond putting gravy on fries.

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm partial to Evan Williams Bottled-In-Bond 100 proof Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whisky (less than $20 for 750 ml bottle tax and all), but I do like to support local businesses. 70 proof is only 35% alcohol though and I don't like 40% stuff if I can get 50%...

j99tc88

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bulleit, has become my daily drinker. Not sweet as some, some don’t like Wild Turkey but I like it also. Went to Ireland earlier this year and still trying the Irish blends. Several others I like for special occasions, had Blanton on New Year’s Eve, not bad but high dollar. All that being said I’ll try the Guthrie one and see .

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm partial to Evan Williams Bottled-In-Bond 100 proof Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whisky (less than $20 for 750 ml bottle tax and all), but I do like to support local businesses. 70 proof is only 35% alcohol though and I don't like 40% stuff if I can get 50%...
Evan Williams is actually a pretty solid value, yes there are better whiskeys, but not for $13. It mogs on many whiskeys twice the price.

Bulleit, has become my daily drinker. Not sweet as some, some don’t like Wild Turkey but I like it also. Went to Ireland earlier this year and still trying the Irish blends. Several others I like for special occasions, had Blanton on New Year’s Eve, not bad but high dollar. All that being said I’ll try the Guthrie one and see .
Bulleit is pretty good, though it is an MGP product. But know what else is an MGP product? A good portion of "craft" whiskeys (looking at you whistle pig). MGP (segrams) essentially has a recipe list other distilleries can pick from. Whiskey is a huge financial outlay as the product takes years to make, very few craft distillers actually make their own whiskey if they are new to the market, exceptions like Woodinville and Dry fly sold white dog while their straight whiskey aged. But the former was a pet project of a tech millionaire and the latter offered vodka gin and other products. MGP does makes some great products, but it is kinda like if you had a fast food restraint and went out and bought MC Donald hamburgers and then wrapped them in your own wrapper.

My favorite everyday whiskey would be Makers Mark, which is made by Beam Inc. Though since Joe Biden has destroyed my career my everyday whiskey is now Evan Williams.

j99tc88

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you have never visited total wines, in Texas, closest one is Denton. They are like the mega alcohol store of the south. Wines are cheaper whiskeys, etc. order online it’ll be ready when get there. Great discounts. We stop every trip south for restocking, and it’s great to browse. It’s a good deal. I’m sure someone out there needs to know that, lol

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you have never visited total wines, in Texas, closest one is Denton. They are like the mega alcohol store of the south. Wines are cheaper whiskeys, etc. order online it’ll be ready when get there. Great discounts. We stop every trip south for restocking, and it’s great to browse. It’s a good deal. I’m sure someone out there needs to know that, lol

Spec’s is where it’s at. Old Forrestor 100 is the bourbon to go to. But don’t take my advice, I’m just an old drunk.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

If you're drinking what you say you're drinking, I doubt you'll like it.

Oil Fire isn't whiskey or bourbon, it's liqueur. If you like that kinda thing it might be for you. If you're a Bullet & Blanton's drinker I doubt it, but maybe.

I'd be interested in hearing an update after you've tried it.

j99tc88

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you're drinking what you say you're drinking, I doubt you'll like it.

Oil Fire isn't whiskey or bourbon, it's liqueur. If you like that kinda thing it might be for you. If you're a Bullet & Blanton's drinker I doubt it, but maybe.

I'd be interested in hearing an update after you've tried it.
I have a wide range that I like but you may be right, I’ll be going to the store on Friday and I’ll update here. Looking forward to trying it, always like suggestions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom