Oil prices. What a difference a week can make.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Biden is a puppet, ran from behind the scenes by the likes of Obama, the Clintons
And others, plus big money. If another Dam gets n, nothing will change, maybe
Even worse. A Republican will spend his first four years trying to undo everything
They did.
Actually redo all of Trump's executive orders day one would go a long way to improving our economy. Undo biden's would go a long way to.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't see why there is so much fuss about oil prices at the end of the day. Yeah, it seems like it hurts the ol pocket book, but does it really? In a state where we are extremely dependent on the oilfield, high oil prices may bump the budget, but those higher prices keep a large part of our economy afloat and families fed. At the end of the day, a healthy economy means all of us are doing better, regardless of what job we have. Low oil prices are nice too, but that typically comes at the cost of jobs and tax revenue in our state.

At the end of the day, consumer ready pump gas is cheaper gallon for gallon than bottled water, drip coffee at the gas station, Dr. Pepper, or cooking oil. Gas pump prices going up $1.00 for an entire year still only costs your average American household an extra $489 dollars per year, per car. This is considering that the API reports consumption at "489 gallons/year per registered vehicle: On average, there are 275.9 million registered vehicles in the United States and in 2021, 8.79 million barrels per day of gasoline was sold."

Murder

Marksman
Reaction score
I don't see why there is so much fuss about oil prices at the end of the day. Yeah, it seems like it hurts the ol pocket book, but does it really? In a state where we are extremely dependent on the oilfield, high oil prices may bump the budget, but those higher prices keep a large part of our economy afloat and families fed. At the end of the day, a healthy economy means all of us are doing better, regardless of what job we have. Low oil prices are nice too, but that typically comes at the cost of jobs and tax revenue in our state.

At the end of the day, consumer ready pump gas is cheaper gallon for gallon than bottled water, drip coffee at the gas station, Dr. Pepper, or cooking oil. Gas pump prices going up $1.00 for an entire year still only costs your average American household an extra $489 dollars per year, per car. This is considering that the API reports consumption at "489 gallons/year per registered vehicle: On average, there are 275.9 million registered vehicles in the United States and in 2021, 8.79 million barrels per day of gasoline was sold."
Sure. What's another $500 / year for gasoline. And another $2,000 / year on food since Biden took office is no big deal. Oh, and a $2,400 / year rent increase is no big deal either. So the increased tax revenue makes it all worthwhile. Bidenomics is great, isn't it?

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sure. What's another $500 / year for gasoline. And another $2,000 / year on food since Biden took office is no big deal. Oh, and a $2,400 / year rent increase is no big deal either. So the increased tax revenue makes it all worthwhile. Bidenomics is great, isn't it?
To be fare he was only referencing direct fuel cost increases. Not inflation. I think he’d agree with you on the other stuff

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wasn't my point, but honestly, even when we look at it from that perspective, $4900/year can make life difficult, but that $4900 a year can be the difference between income in a good economy and a bad economy in the same job, oilfield or not. At least in my experience.
To be fare he was only referencing direct fuel cost increases. Not inflation. I think he’d agree with you on the other stuff
You're exactly right.

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wasn't my point, but honestly, even when we look at it from that perspective, $4900/year can make life difficult, but that $4900 a year can be the difference between income in a good economy and a bad economy in the same job, oilfield or not. At least in my experience.

You're exactly right.
But, is it US oilfields? I think not so we really do not benefit.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not if you put a gun to my head. The last two plus years have killed us. Biden is a raging POS.
Yep. We have a psycho liberal friend back in Oregon who complains about how expensive stuff is all the time and yet she despises Trump and loves Biden. Can’t fix stupid I guess

Latest posts

Top Bottom