Ok OSA I need some advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We were going to go on a cruise for our 5yr. We still have untill August to plan something, but with the furlough thing going on it may change.

We planned to go back to Italy for our 5th. Spent it at Skiatook lake. Damned costly kids. We just pledged (our 8th was last week) to go on our 10th!

To the OP. As you may have found out on Mother's Day, you need to put some time and effort into the gift. I purchased my wife a Buckmark and was chastised that it was for me. To this day I have not put a round down the pipe, but I want to!

Good luck and let us know how it worked out

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
thanks to everybody for the ideas you all have been very helpful. I went ahead and called the place in beaver ok. and, I think he's going to get me fixed up on a jewelry box. now I just need to sneak off to the jewelry store and, find something special. I liked the charm bracelet idea but, when I was getting my scolding for mother's day she said she was expecting something like a necklace with a pendent that had a spot for a pic of her and the baby. So I'm torn on it.

Got with the pendant she wanted for mothers day. Seriously, that's a no brainer.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glock, is on the right track. No one really knows women, but in my experience. The more thought you put into it will far out do the money. You might set her an App. up at a spa, I did this for my Wife. I had a bottle of wine, and chocolate covered strawberries there for her. One year we were tight on money, so I took a sheet of paper and taped 5 poker chips to it. Under each chip I put something different she like to do. Like one chip, 15 min back rub, another, any chick flick she wanted, and another 1 bubble bath w/wine. so on and so on. Bottom of page was, Redeemable at at anytime. A real good thing to do is, get 3 envelopes and put a different event in each one. Have her pick one and that is what you do.
You had me up to chick flick.

On the wooden jewelry box, check with a jewelry store.

Or, if you don't mind off the shelf, Sam's has some pretty nice looking ones.

If you can find one carved out of red cedar, they are nice.

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My suggestion is in addition to whatever you for her birthday, you do a little make up for her mothers day. Even if you already said your sorry, once can never put to much dirt back into a hole they dug for themselves with their lady.

Do something to honor the state of motherhood. Something along the lines of say hiring a photographer for a family portrait, etc.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
DO NOT buy jewelry from a jewelry store. You pay 700%-900% mark up. Go someplace like R&R who deals in estate jewelry. Go to a pawn shop, you will save a ton of money for the same item.

okiemaggie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Remebering that advice is worth what you pay for it...here goes

No one has asked you if she already has a jewlery box that she likes. If so, she probably won't want to move all her trinkets. Jewlery boxes are like shoes... there is a certain fit you have to look for yourself.

I would get her the wooden music box. See if you can get one with a lullaby. That way she can put her baby treasures in it (get one with a lid that opens) like a lock of hair and the first lost tooth. That may make up for Mother's day.

Now... please get her a nice locket necklace she can put a photo in. AND a pretty little pair of diamond studs (if she doesn't have a set and her ears are pierced.) If she is a traditionalist, tell her that diamonds are hardened charcoal and charcoal is slow-burning wood. And that you love her, love her, love her and the family you've made.

Good Luck and Happy Anniversary!

Latest posts

Top Bottom