Oklahoma City water utilities trust bans lead shot from shooting range

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a bird. looking for a worm or a bug or a grub. Hmm, what's this? It's hard like a rock, heavy like a rock, tastes like crap, must be damn worm! jesus christ, I guess birds have not evolved past eating rocks in the last 2 million years....

Lead shot is actually not any harder then seed and ( at least to other animals ) relatively sweet tasting.

Old Timer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:scratch: Aren't summer evenings by definition HOT? :wink2:

Oh ... And just for the record GC doesn't look like Elvis either ... :rollingla (But he does look like a Super Trooper ... 'specially with that 'stache! LOL)

I thought Oklahoma summer evenings were how, until I spent a year in McAllen TX.
It is miserable hot and humid! Perfect time for a Scotch! :drink:

I guess we got off topic, but I could not leave the lemon bars lay. :coffee2:

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually prefer a few COLD brews on a hot summer eve, save the hard stuff for the snowy night around the fireplace and the sweet tunes of King George.

Now, Lemon Bars = ANYTIME, ANYWHERE. They're not just for breakfast anymore.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My connection is so slow tonight that I can't search for it, but I earlier posted a response to another thread about how lead bullets and shot have zero effect on the condors, or anything else for that matter. The major "science" has came from a suspect tree hugging organization that has been debunked.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My connection is so slow tonight that I can't search for it, but I earlier posted a response to another thread about how lead bullets and shot have zero effect on the condors, or anything else for that matter. The major "science" has came from a suspect tree hugging organization that has been debunked.
Thats what I was recalling.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually, IIRC, ducks do need grit (which is dirt and small bits of rock and gravel) in their diet in order to digest those worms, bugs, grubs and vegetation ...

Dove are the same. There are soooooooo many areas that saw serious hunting pressure back in the days of freedom to shoot whatever loads worked well in your gun that had large populations of birds and I do NOT recall sick birds falling out of the sky or littering up the place. I know of fields in the panhandle that have to have tons of lead in them and yet the pheasant flourish in good years today. It's all a bunch of leftist hooey.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got the feeling this was a not in my back yard issue being fought with a save the world cause. But I've now seen the light. Scotch & Lemon bars. :thumbup3:

jalapeno

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
well I wish Dave well and hope he finds a solution to the predicament that he is in now. I have enjoyed shooting at quail ridge and hunted birds at his place out by Tecumseh. Dave is good people along with everyone else that works for him. they have all always been very friendly and helpful.

Latest posts

Top Bottom