Oklahoma Gun sales Question/scary story .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is how I look at it. If you are not nearby to witness the murder or whatever with your gun, then you will definitely have an alibi that will clear you of any wrong doing. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

guntera

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is how I look at it. If you are not nearby to witness the murder or whatever with your gun, then you will definitely have an alibi that will clear you of any wrong doing. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Thats what I was thinking, but I wanted everyone else to hear this story and voice their knowledge of Oklahoma gun laws or opinions. I would hate to ever have to tell my wife and kids that "sorry everyone, but daddy is going to be in jail for a little bit until the good guys get their investigation straight"

guntera

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
there is a release on the title for that reason.

ran the numbers in what? in what DB was the sellers info recorded with the serial? It's listed on the 4473 but AFAIK it is not provided during the NICS check.

Well, that was all I was told about the story. Im not sure how the numbers were traced. The story is probably one of those kind where one guy tells the story to another and that guy tells the story to another, then the next thing you know that facts with fiction are a little off. However, it made me think...

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd not only get a receipt, I'd make sure the receipt had the serial # on it, signatures of both seller and buyer and I'd compare the buyer's signature to the buyer's driver's license signature. And I'd give a copy to the buyer. The guy buying it may be a great guy, but he might sell it and the guy he sold it to might sell it and so on.

ExSniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You sell a gun. End of story. You are not required to register the transaction, to keep a record of the sale, or to check the background of the purchaser. You did not do anything illegal. If they come and ask you where your gun is, you tell them you sold it (the truth) and if you can remember, who you sold it to.
Being the original purchaser of a firearm does not make you responsible for it forever.
They trace it from manufacturer, to distributor, to thye FFL who sold it, then look in his/her bound book for the listing of the disposition of the gun. If you sold it that is where the paper trail ends.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It depends on what state you are in. California and NY require you to register all handguns within 60 days of moving there. I am sure there are other states with similar laws.

Latest posts

Top Bottom