Oklahoma Gun sales Question/scary story .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What "Situation"? No names, times, dates, or indictments? Typical internet urban legend BS that continues to feed the anti gunners. What a bunch of spineless sissies!!

Threads like this are what the anti gunners will refer to when they say that even our own community feels that we need further legislation!! We don't need to prove that we sold something that is our right to own. We don't need mandatory training to be able to carry a gun. I agree that more people should train more, but should we legislate that fact, hell no!

A gun is a tool. A knife is a tool. A hammer is a tool. All are capable of killing in the right hands. None should require a BOS to sell them when it is time to sell them. Get you mind around this, and you will sleep better at night.

It is a sad time when the constituents fear their government. That is an indication of a far greater problem than whether I should document things that I lawfully own, and can lawfully sell.

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I do a bill of sale for the benefit of the new owner. Although possession is 9/10ths of the law, it benefits them to have a bill of sale showing them to be the owner. In old days a bill of sale on livestock, etc. was common. Not a good idea to be riding a horse or riding herd on a bunch of cow critters that wears someone elses brand without a bill of sale. :)

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
What "Situation"? No names, times, dates, or indictments? Typical internet urban legend BS that continues to feed the anti gunners. What a bunch of spineless sissies!!

Threads like this are what the anti gunners will refer to when they say that even our own community feels that we need further legislation!! We don't need to prove that we sold something that is our right to own. We don't need mandatory training to be able to carry a gun. I agree that more people should train more, but should we legislate that fact, hell no!

A gun is a tool. A knife is a tool. A hammer is a tool. All are capable of killing in the right hands. None should require a BOS to sell them when it is time to sell them. Get you mind around this, and you will sleep better at night.

It is a sad time when the constituents fear their government. That is an indication of a far greater problem than whether I should document things that I lawfully own, and can lawfully sell.

QFT!!!

guntera

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Sorry guys that I posted this...I had no intent of raising blood pressures here. I simply told the story exactly the way I heard it. And never hearing of this before... I wanted to get a little more clarification as to what would be an ideal Cover Your A$# plan.
Some you are dissecting this story/legend/myth way too much. I appreciate the more calm answers recieved, but to rant and rave about gun laws and rights was not the meaning of this thread.

I apologized for posting this thread for some of you.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can do a bill of sale that includes the firearm's information and you both sign the document. This would cover you as a legit form of transfer.
Legally it means NOTHING unless a notary present - it's just a piece of paper that makes you feel good: false security is the worst kind.

1. If you think the buyer shouldn't buy the weapon - DO NOT SELL IT
2. If you are paranoid and want a paper trail - get it 4473ed
3. Otherwise - obey the law: if you believe the buyer is legit - shake the hand after taking the cash.

THE JOKER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If posting items for sale,you should make it very clear that you require a bill of sale. It would really suck to drive halfway across the state to make a deal,just to have someone tell you where to put your bill of sale.

Latest posts

Top Bottom