Oklahoma House passes bill outlawing militias and gang recruiting.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Welcome Will! I think this is another worthless "modifier" law that will not be enforced. We leave a littered trail of worthless laws in every legislative session. This law will do nothing to ensure the safety of Oklahomans. It may someday be applied to a group of individuals who do not deserve to be prosecuted for exercising their rights to peaceable assembly and keep and bear arms. It's just another tool for paranoid government types to keep citizens in check.

I was thinking the same thing. It won't be enforced until they find reason to enforce it.

Keyser328

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sure the intent is to throw gang bangers in the clink if they try to recruit new members. Sadly, the way it is written and how it applies is very open to interpretation and twisting.

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've searched all over and can't find the wording in the bill that defines "militia" and "gang".

I hope Red Castle and some of the other gun clubs don't get arrested.

Gun$linger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where will the politicians and LEO's file in line the militia side or the gang side. Looks like it will be one on one now lol. Please ppl contact your state reps at least on the local level we might have an efficient gov.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Almost every legal definition of "gang" has as a condition that one of the criteria is that the group regularly participates in or promotes criminal behavior.

This eliminates plice departments, the Boy Scouts, etc.

My guess is that the definition of "militia" will have something to do with organizing for the purpose of overthrowing a lawfully-elected government.

Michael Brown

Latest posts

Top Bottom