Oklahoma Is Leading

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i read the open letter that the Oklahoma's teacher of the year wrote as he leaves to take a job teaching in texas. He called teaching in the state a 'dysfunctional relationship'. It was a very interesting letter.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think that the education funding fiasco in Oklahoma can be blamed on one party. For as long as I can remember, the state has struggled to fund education. It's a game, politicians throw out the "for the children" cry and we approve a new tax while they play a shell game with existing education funds.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think that the education funding fiasco in Oklahoma can be blamed on one party. For as long as I can remember, the state has struggled to fund education. It's a game, politicians throw out the "for the children" cry and we approve a new tax while they play a shell game with existing education funds.
yep...

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I can remember as far back as middle school the cries for "More funding! We don't have enough money!, We're all gonna die if we don't fix our schools!"

It's never going to end. They get more money now several times over and it's never enough. Don't believe me? Compare tuition rated at OU from now back to 1980 and don't forget to look at those state $$$s either.

I'd really like to know how much of the state's budget goes to "schools". I'd really like to know how much they actually think they need. How much do they need to be 1st? We never seem to get that number, just a never ending series of cash infusions, tax and fee increases and a lot of gnashing of teeth for being last and saying "if we only had more money, we'd not be last"...

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They really need to fire about 99% of the administrators and funnel that money back to the teachers.

That would be a good first step but I'm convinced that the majority of the problem is fraud, waste and likely corruption. Not only in education but all the way through the state government, it's just that education gets the biggest piece of the pie by several times over.

Latest posts

Top Bottom