Oklahoma legislators to get 35 percent pay raise

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exactly. There is no need for these positions. It’s ridiculous. They have principles and school boards. No need for a superintendent. Definitely no need to pay them what they get paid.

Have you ever worked within the school system? Back in the '80's, I was a school board member. While their salaries might be a bit too high, there is no way that principals could run a school system. There pretty much has to be someone over those principals and advising the school boards. Too many that run for school board positions do so with an intention to "get someone fired" or "get their way" with education. Too many of those don't have any clue of what is involved with "managing" a school system.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They pay basketball and football players MILLIONS of dollars a year to play a game...Really?
Those sportsball players are playing for private companies and are returning more than their salary in value to said companies. If they weren't, they wouldn't be getting paid that much.

It also has jack to do with what those useless bloody loonies in OKC are getting paid.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The college players get scholarships and that’s about it. No salary that I know of except the popularity, unlimited girls chasing them and stuff like that. Some are looking for a foot in the door for a pro career to make the big bucks instead of an education. From articles I’ve read, many pay for that fame and fortune in later life with physical disabilities caused by injuries in the games.

In college, the big bucks are the coaches salaries. Multi-million per year contracts.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those sportsball players are playing for private companies and are returning more than their salary in value to said companies. If they weren't, they wouldn't be getting paid that much.

It also has jack to do with what those useless bloody loonies in OKC are getting paid.

That's called capitalism.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score

Some dont have a clue how free enterprise works and others shun those that succeed and get wealthy within that system. The same rules apply to them, only they failed at the entire concept.
Liberals I call them people.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
The college players get scholarships and that’s about it. No salary that I know of except the popularity, unlimited girls chasing them and stuff like that. Some are looking for a foot in the door for a pro career to make the big bucks instead of an education. From articles I’ve read, many pay for that fame and fortune in later life with physical disabilities caused by injuries in the games.

In college, the big bucks are the coaches salaries. Multi-million per year contracts.
The new news about paying college players is also a BS story. They will be allowed to accept endorsements if a company thinks they are a bad ass player and wants to use their name. I say go for it. If they are a Baker Mayfield and Nike wants to use his name, sure,a pay him for his success.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you ever worked within the school system? Back in the '80's, I was a school board member. While their salaries might be a bit too high, there is no way that principals could run a school system. There pretty much has to be someone over those principals and advising the school boards. Too many that run for school board positions do so with an intention to "get someone fired" or "get their way" with education. Too many of those don't have any clue of what is involved with "managing" a school system.
That's true, but Oklahoma doesn't need the number of superintendents it has, and keeping them really isn't a luxury we can afford. As I recall the numbers, there are several "districts" that are smaller than single schools in the bigger districts; there's no way a principal worth his salt in those districts couldn't also handle the superintendent's duties.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom