Oklahoma scores a whopping 2 points, wish it was a big fat zero!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyhigh60699

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, But did that article just say that 31 states have higher gun crimes than the other 19. I'm no brain surgeon but how can you put the statistics of 31 states up agains the other 19. Of course the majority of something would equal a larger number. Anyways any ideas how we lose those last two points?

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This would make an interesting example of unclear and misleading analysis of data:

240CrimeGunsGraph.jpg

http://www.bradycampaign.org/stategunlaws/scorecard/

GroupGuy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
California, which scored a whopping 81 out of 100, has 10 times the population of Oklahoma (scoring 2 out of 100) , 10 times the number of handgun murders but a higher percentage of handgun murders per capita (3.37 vs 2.98 per 100,000 people).

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2011/jan/10/gun-crime-us-state

Even worse, the DC (another high scoring state) has about 5 times more handgun murders per capita than Oklahoma. Not sure that they're making much of an impact on violent crime compared to the amazing loss of freedom that their subjects are required to live with. Always thought DC and California suck and will always think they suck. Good news is that by mid decade the Hispanic population will be the largest demographic so then they can fix the problems like they have in Mexico. What I can take away from Brady's campaign is that the higher the score the more dangerous it is to live there.

Last edited:

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A gun control group on Facebook posted recently that the UK has far fewer gun crimes than the US. No, they weren't talking about ratios and percentages per population, nor the size of the UK in comparison to the US, just straight out they have less gun crimes than we do.

I can't believe people actually fall for this crap.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A gun control group on Facebook posted recently that the UK has far fewer gun crimes than the US. No, they weren't talking about ratios and percentages per population, nor the size of the UK in comparison to the US, just straight out they have less gun crimes than we do.

I can't believe people actually fall for this crap.

We decide issues based on emotion and then look for logic and statistics which confirm our emotional judgement. The best hope to advance gun rights is to portray guns in a positive way.

They blame neighboring state gun laws for crime in California, New York etc. "Crime guns" are causing their crime. As long as someone (Soros?) is willing to keep giving anti-gun organizations money they will keep spewing the propaganda.

Where is all of this heading? Armies cause war - we need to get rid of them also. And as soon as we get rid of all the firearms, we can get rid of the police. Why? because we say so and we are superior to you.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We got our two points for this catagory...

Colleges are not forced to allow firearms on campus - 2 of 2 points available.

I say we need to fix that also and come in at a whopping ZERO on the anti-freedom Brady crap.

Latest posts

Top Bottom