Oklahoma vs LSU

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The pass interference no call was hilariously bad. But hardly decided the game.
Before that they were punching right back at LSU and I thought they would probably score on that drive. When I saw that this is my exact thought:

"The refs have decided that LSU is to win this game."

True, it was no Oregon call, but it sure did change the tempo it seems...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
2) I'd make it team policy that if you fail a drug test, you were gone. Period. Scholarship revoked kind of gone.
#2 won't make any difference. Dopers gonna dope. They knew the consequences in advance and knew they would lose their place on the team before they toked up. Other players in the past have done the same with alcohol and dope.
Congrats to the Coach for holding up team discipline, win or lose.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know about favoritism, but there certainly was a missed pass interference call against LSU in the first quarter.
And I have no dog in this fight.

Yeah, and if they had called it, OU would have scored, then gone for two, and then rallied, and then they’d have for sure beat the crap out of LSU too. It’s all because those refs didn’t call that one. Yeah. We was robbed! Robbed I tell ya!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
#2 won't make any difference. Dopers gonna dope. They knew the consequences in advance and knew they would lose their place on the team before they toked up. Other players in the past have done the same with alcohol and dope.
Not that I disagree about Riley's integrity, but I get the impression that this was not a coaching decision. I think it was more likely an NCAA violation.

But then again, we don't know exactly what they did, so it's hard to say for sure.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not that I disagree about Riley's integrity, but I get the impression that this was not a coaching decision. I think it was more likely an NCAA violation.

But then again, we don't know exactly what they did, so it's hard to say for sure.
If it was an NCAA violation isn't that public records and wouldn't the news have jumped all over it? I don't know for sure just asking/ thinking out loud.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know for sure, but the rumors that came out early were PEDS or weed, my understanding is that either is an NCAA violation.

My info all came from message boards, so maybe someone will correct it. But what I read was PED is a 1 year suspension, and weed is a 6 month suspension. There was some talk about them missing part of next season, so the speculation is it was weed. But I haven't seen anything where anyone knows for sure, that seems to have become the popular assumption.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score

No but he has benched the miscreants on the team for stupid personal penalties.

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Football players get hurt and have a lot of pain, maybe it was medical mj which is legal.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe tRidiot is right, this was an NCAA violation, not a Riley decision, or a question of law.

Something else I learned this morning that might be relevant... read an article that suggested the NCAA only tests for weed for championship games. So this may not have been something they did right before the playoffs, it could have been over a period of time, or within whatever period it could still show up on a test. It might have just been discovered by a test after the Sooners made the playoffs.

Still don't officially know exactly what they did, so there's a ton of speculation in this.

Latest posts

Top Bottom