Old news but I am just now hearing about this

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whoa man, I thought you didn't like stereotyping people...like we Lawtonians (Lawton-lings?, Lawton-ites?)
I was calling the owners of the Meers Store weirdoes, not Lawtonians.

That said, Lawton is a weird town.

Also I love stereotyping and do it daily. You must have heard wrong.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I need to get my cars out and go visit some of OK this spring and summer instead of out spending money seeing other places.

I came to The Oklahoma Arts Institute at Quartz Mountain summer off before my senior year of high school in San Diego. It was a pretty big deal getting to come out there to go to that too, it helped me decide to be an artist and musician as a career.. I remember the terrain there was really cool and the place was beautiful, nothing at all like my mothers place in Osage county or my grammas place in OKC. I remember going on a day trip to Lawton for some reason, only time Ive ever been there.

Ive checked my phone map and this Meers place is close to Lawton? And I can pretty much take 44 all the way to Lawton from Tulsa?

Road trip time.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dude, did you read the article? Sounds like they are out of business.
Yaa, I was meaning more to just get out and about and go see some stuff more down ya'alls way. Ive been out here 13 years now and when Im home off the road all I ever see is Tulsa, Wagoner and Osage counties and occasional weekends at our place at Tenkiller. I need to get out and see some of Oklahoma I havent seen before. Going after BBQ and burgers sounds like the best way to do it too for a fat boy.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They are indeed open - i tend to think that if you are a little adventurous and don't mind so-so service and a wait on any weekend or holiday then it's worth a side trip if you are nearby. Knowing what I know now (I live just a few miles away) I would not come down from, say, Tulsa.

Bottom line - the place is a dump, the service is hit or miss, burgers and brisket are good, ice cream is very good - you decide how that stacks up. While you're here go look at the bison and longhorn cattle in the Wichita Mtns Wildlife Refuge ( guns allowed in the park but not in the visitor center).

Latest posts

Top Bottom