Old Timers: what kind of beer did you drink when you were young?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was young I remember my dad always drank Olympia or Coors. During my high school party years you drank what you could get which was usually something horrible like Stag, Pearl, Lone Star or other such disgusting beers. Occasionally someone would make a road trip to Kansas and we'd get some high octane Budweiser. I remember one weekend all there was for beer was Pearl...I couldn't drink it lol.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was young I remember my dad always drank Olympia or Coors. During my high school party years you drank what you could get which was usually something horrible like Stag, Pearl, Lone Star or other such disgusting beers. Occasionally someone would make a road trip to Kansas and we'd get some high octane Budweiser. I remember one weekend all there was for beer was Pearl...I couldn't drink it lol.

Have heard lots of people say that about Pearl. At the time, Pearl was one of the strongest beers brewed in the US, and had won many international rewards. If it was 3.2 Okiebrew, that might have ruined the taste. It certainly does it to other beers, with Bud being the exception. But Bud is nasty in any form to begin with.

Latest posts

Top Bottom