Are you a Modern Man or a Man's Man

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought he has always been very respectful and gave appropriate admiration for the people who do "Dirty Jobs". He's no prima donna, that's for sure. I never really got an "aloof" vibe from him, but do understand he is thankful, like most of us, that not only is he not stuck having to do that every day, but that someone else is willing.

I think a lot of jobs should pay more than they do, and a lot of jobs should pay LESS than they do.

Just my opinion.

I certainly agree with that, people actually doing things for $30,000-$100,000 per year should make more than people who just talk or look good that get $10 mil. per year.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're the first person I've heard say this....... seems like your little secret.

Maybe just as I said earlier a different perspective. At elementary school age I'd been elbow deep to help birth a breech calf, I was proud of it but most kids didn't want to sit next to me because they knew where my hands had been.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe just as I said earlier a different perspective. At elementary school age I'd been elbow deep to help birth a breech calf, I was proud of it but most kids didn't want to sit next to me because they knew where my hands had been.

Hell, most people prolly wouldn't wanna shake hands with me, if they stopped and thought about it. But I do wear rubber gloves - well, most of the time. I think most farmers/vets try to wear some kind of protection nowadays, don't they? Although I realize it isn't always possible or expedient. I'm ok with it. Most things wash off pretty easily, even if we do have to dispose of some of our clothing occasionally. lol. I did have one of my coworkers who opted to throw her clothes away lately, rather than launder them. I'd'a been alot more supportive had I been the one who got the chance to hose her down! :D She's a cutie! lol

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hell, most people prolly wouldn't wanna shake hands with me, if they stopped and thought about it. But I do wear rubber gloves - well, most of the time. I think most farmers/vets try to wear some kind of protection nowadays, don't they? Although I realize it isn't always possible or expedient. I'm ok with it. Most things wash off pretty easily, even if we do have to dispose of some of our clothing occasionally. lol. I did have one of my coworkers who opted to throw her clothes away lately, rather than launder them. I'd'a been alot more supportive had I been the one who got the chance to hose her down! :D She's a cutie! lol

Sure nowadays, as a kid the only rubber gloves I ever saw were the ones mom wore when she scalded the pin feathers off the chickens at butchering time. And I'd rather shake your hand when it's nasty from helping someone than the clean hand of some paper pushing administrator who likes to act like he's helped someone and justifies their big salary by being a bureaucrat type.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

The I'm harder than hard story is neat and all but you're not the only one to clean up some shyt growing up. Validations don't prove any points here though. Is there some example you can give of him acting as such? I figure we need more people like him exposing what normal people do, instead of the rest of the world glorifying unrealistic dream jobs. But that's just me.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought this thread would turn into a running joke. You know...make fun of the circumstances that modern men have to navigate through.

But, It turned into a pissing contest.

carry on

Latest posts

Top Bottom