Are you a Modern Man or a Man's Man

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
TedKennedy said:
Faking his way to meet girls, BSing his way into TV - that's classic stuff right there.
That, and he doesn't appear to take anything particularly seriously--and when he was doing those dirty jobs, he never put down or talked down to the folks doing the work. I'd much rather have that attitude than the superioristic drama queen we have now.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So now we gripe about a guy who promotes the working man? He even puts his money where his mouth is and has a foundation giving scholarships for skilled trades. Bunch of bitchy ole men, take your Geritol.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That, and he doesn't appear to take anything particularly seriously--and when he was doing those dirty jobs, he never put down or talked down to the folks doing the work. I'd much rather have that attitude than the superioristic drama queen we have now.

No he has never talked down to them but he still seems to act aloof or above them. Kind of reminds me of cousins and nephews who would come visit when I was a kid, they thought farm stuff was neat in a way but certainly not anything they'd want to do every day because they were cooler than that.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Billybob said:
No he has never talked down to them but he still seems to act aloof or above them. Kind of reminds me of cousins and nephews who would come visit when I was a kid, they thought farm stuff was neat in a way but certainly not anything they'd want to do every day because they were cooler than that.
Apparently we're talking about different shows, then. I was talking about Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe, which was not at all like what you're describing...

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought he has always been very respectful and gave appropriate admiration for the people who do "Dirty Jobs". He's no prima donna, that's for sure. I never really got an "aloof" vibe from him, but do understand he is thankful, like most of us, that not only is he not stuck having to do that every day, but that someone else is willing.

I think a lot of jobs should pay more than they do, and a lot of jobs should pay LESS than they do.

Just my opinion.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So now we gripe about a guy who promotes the working man? He even puts his money where his mouth is and has a foundation giving scholarships for skilled trades. Bunch of bitchy ole men, take your Geritol.

and don't drive!!

I dunno if any of you follow him on FB but a lot of his posts are pretty good. I can't see how anyone could call him out for BSing his way into a job in TV..... they ALL do that.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

You're the first person I've heard say this....... seems like your little secret.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He's pretty active in supporting the trades...he runs an organization that provides scholarships to folks seeking training in those fields.

Never saw it as him "promoting himself" as much as he was promoting others...and earning a living in the process. Not a bad way to roll.

Latest posts

Top Bottom