ONG bill has gone from 80 to over 130!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike sweeney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live by myself and my gas bill usually is 40 bucks a month during the summer and 80 bucks during the winter. I turn the heat down during the day. Last month it was 122. Replaced my furnace filter and have been keeping the temp down low when I'm working.

Got my estatement today and 133 bucks!!! Tried to sign on to my account but due to site maintenance my account can't be accessed.

Have others seen dramatic spike in their bills?

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My bill increased from $85 last month to $187 this month but we have had some every cold weather but you would think that would have been offset by the # of high temp days we had with the same # of days........????

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Filled my propane tank a couple weeks ago 200 gal $562.00. Same time last year $343.00. Everyone is feeling the pain. Be sure to thank the Biden Administration for your drop in economic prosperity.
I filled my Mom’s in 2018. She was sick and broke. It was a little over $500. Trump was president then…how much does the president have to do with it? Best to fill in early fall.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Filled my propane tank a couple weeks ago 200 gal $562.00. Same time last year $343.00. Everyone is feeling the pain. Be sure to thank the Biden Administration for your drop in economic prosperity.
I paid $4.27 a gallon for propane earlier this week in Arizona. $3.89 for gasoline.
One thing I think most don't know is that all utilities, gas or electric sell their excess product on the open market where pricing can get quite high like this incident even though Oklahoma has all their utility companies regulated for sale to Oklahoma customers.
Anything excess, they put out on the open market for market pricing at the time. Unfortunately, Oklahoma had a need and were forced to go to that market which went crazy during that cold spell.
It's no different than the ammo/primer/powder shortage we are experiencing currently.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I filled my Mom’s in 2018. She was sick and broke. It was a little over $500. Trump was president then…how much does the president have to do with it? Best to fill in early fall.
The presidents economic policy has everything to do with it. When you allow domestic production to flourish and become energy independent like Trump had the country, you get fuel prices at under $2 a gallon.
When you put the country back at the mercy of the Saudi's and OPEC, you pay what they want you to pay because they control production. Brain dead biden is begging the saudi's to produce more so he can get prices down before the election later this year, but the saudi's gave him the middle finger so he released about three days of oil from the national reserves which brought prices down a few cents for a few days.
Day one in this idiots term of office that we are suffering under currently, he shut down production in the US, shut off a vital pipeline, and is considering closing more that transport crude to the east coast.
In case you don't know, propane is a byproduct of refining crude oil. When it's refined overseas, we don't get that NG. We get it at spot pricing.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My natural gas bill was $75.

Higher than normal tho for a winter bill. But I am thankfull it was under $100. I had my hvac system replaced in 2018, the furnace is a 95% efficient model. I have centerpoint, or whatever they call themselves now since they were bought out.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The presidents economic policy has everything to do with it. When you allow domestic production to flourish and become energy independent like Trump had the country, you get fuel prices at under $2 a gallon.
When you put the country back at the mercy of the Saudi's and OPEC, you pay what they want you to pay because they control production. Brain dead biden is begging the saudi's to produce more so he can get prices down before the election later this year, but the saudi's gave him the middle finger so he released about three days of oil from the national reserves which brought prices down a few cents for a few days.
Day one in this idiots term of office that we are suffering under currently, he shut down production in the US, shut off a vital pipeline, and is considering closing more that transport crude to the east coast.
In case you don't know, propane is a byproduct of refining crude oil. When it's refined overseas, we don't get that NG. We get it at spot pricing.
Cool story. He paid $562 under Biden. I paid $520 under Trump 4 years ago….

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let's see shutting down pipelines, imposing more environmental regulations which shut down the oil gas production driving oil prices through the roof. The uncertainty in this administration is causing what you are seeing in petroleum products across the board. It has everything to do with the Residents policies.
I usually fill in summer and fall but tank only will hold so much. I have ordered a bigger tank to alleviate this problem.

Latest posts

Top Bottom