ONG bill has gone from 80 to over 130!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cool story. He paid $562 under Biden. I paid $520 under Trump 4 years ago….
It all relates to the supplier and their personal pricing. In Ponca city I can go one place and pay $2.50 a gallon, then go to the other fill station and pay $2.90. Guess which gets my business?
BTW 4 years ago the energy companies hadn't recovered from obamas reign of terror where he was also trying to ruin the oil and coal companies, almost succeeding.
It may have been high in the first year of Trumps reign of glory, as production of oil and gas in the field takes years to ramp up and get to the market, but If you compared pricing from his first year to his last year in office, there would be a major lower pricing.
You can thank obama for those high prices you paid to help your mother.
Good on you for doing that for her.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let's see shutting down pipelines, imposing more environmental regulations which shut down the oil gas production driving oil prices through the roof. The uncertainty in this administration is causing what you are seeing in petroleum products across the board. It has everything to do with the Residents policies.
I usually fill in summer and fall but tank only will hold so much. I have ordered a bigger tank to alleviate this problem.
Dude I totally understand. Propane prices swing wildly. I ended up installing a 18 seer heat pump system in the house she was had built after crunching numbers. Sucks she can’t afford a gen to run it if power is out. I’m a HVAC contractor. I’ve seen people get screwed relying on propane.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It all relates to the supplier and their personal pricing. In Ponca city I can go one place and pay $2.50 a gallon, then go to the other fill station and pay $2.90. Guess which gets my business?
BTW 4 years ago the energy companies hadn't recovered from obamas reign of terror where he was also trying to ruin the oil and coal companies, almost succeeding.
It may have been high in the first year of Trumps reign of glory, as production of oil and gas in the field takes years to ramp up and get to the market, but If you compared pricing from his first year to his last year in office, there would be a major lower pricing.
You can thank obama for those high prices you paid to help your mother.
Good on you for doing that for her.
It was half way through his term. What was it at the end. Did it free fall in a year? I don’t know?

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Propane $7.29 per gallon.

In all fairness, this is not home heating, it’s for RV’s. This was at the Loves fuel stop on I-35 in Paul’s Valley early afternoon Christmas Eve. I was on my way back from Dallas and stopped for a coffee refill.

Thats greedy, I think.

I took a pic but I don’t know how to post it here.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Propane $7.29 per gallon.

In all fairness, this is not home heating, it’s for RV’s. This was at the Loves fuel stop on I-35 in Paul’s Valley early afternoon Christmas Eve. I was on my way back from Dallas and stopped for a coffee refill.

Thats greedy, I think.

I took a pic but I don’t know how to post it here.
Yes, that's gouging.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You didn't state how many gallons, let's compare apples to apples.
To get a better understanding of what is going on we need data. Just saying my gas bill went up could mean multiple things. Like the cost of gas went up or a window was left open when it was -20 and the heater never shut off and 100% more gas was used.

Please at least post some information more than my gas bill doubled.

This is my gas bill from January 3.

Things that would be useful information include:
Number of days of use
Cost of gas
Amount of gas used

1642769434502.png

With the propane users, same thing, useful information includes:

What month was the propane purchased
How many gallons were purchased
Cost of the propane purchased, price per gallon or total price

Latest posts

Top Bottom