ONG bill has gone from 80 to over 130!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I replaced windows in 2012, exterior doors and storm doors in 2018, hvac in 2018, more attic insulation, LED bulbs in all fixtures in the house. Really not much more I can do at this point.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
95% high energy heating unit and 14”” of insulation 1950 sq ft home 71* setting = under 100$ a month ONG gas. Keep in mind when you convert to high energy heating you will als get at least 18 Seer cooling in the summer. We also were given a rebate on the unit.
Actually we added an additional 14” of insulation

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dang! I’d be sweating like a pig at 73 degrees. I keep mine at 66 degrees.

I’d love to keep it at 73 during the winter! But that’s too expensive. I keep it at 65 during the day when I’m not home, and 67 during the evenings and weekends. Simple enough to throw on a flannel shirt.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Joe Biden's very first day in office, was spent reversing ALL President Trumps executive orders, and polocies, that allowed us to BE ENERGY INDEPENDENT FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 50 ODD YEARS, UNDER BOTH DEMOCRAT, AND REPUBLICAN ADMINISTRATIONS, AND CONTROL OF CONGRESS, REMEMBER??? This in effect GAVE the privilege back to OPEC, to set world Crude Oil Prices AGAIN! Natural gas is part of this equation, and will autiomaticly go up as OPEC raises Crude prices! Bench Mark Crude Oil was $32.00 per bbl on election day 2020, today it is $87.90 TODAY!!!! I hope Americans are smart enough to remember this, and resist the BARRAGE OF PROPAGANDA, the next election! I suspect Crude Oil will will be $150.00 per bbl by the next presidential election, which will equate to $5.00/$7.00 gasoline and Diesel Fuel at the pump, and at least TWICE WHAT WE ARE NOW PAYING FOR NATURAL GAS! THINK FOR YOURSELF, AND VOTE!

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
tell me more about this tattletale thingabob
I called the propane company to ask about some sort of keep it full program. We almost got caught by the short hairs last winter but that is another story. Anyway they told me for $65.00 a year they could install a remote reader on our tank and monitor it from the office. Anytime it gets to around 20% they come fill it, no more going out to check the propane tank, now it happens automatically.

An added benefit is I can read it from this tablet sitting on the couch. I still get a cash discount as they direct debit a checking account I have dedicated to propane. Have two retirement incomes that go into that account that keeps it going.

Latest posts

Top Bottom