Oops, I did it again!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It actually didn't hurt much until I grabbed the hook with a pair of pliers and tried the jerk it out quick and it won't hurt method.
The barb under the fingernail made the difference. It hurt, I quit jerking and went to urgent care.

Dennis, I feel your pain my good man. Literally

See the dark spot under my fingernail? That's where the point of the hook is.

43076466820_8e91e74f37_z.jpg

It happened one day shy of two years since this one:

43076465850_c84548b4a2_k.jpg

The one that happened 2 weeks ago was TEN TIMES more painful than the one in the pad of my thumb, due to the fingernail being involved. Now I know why the Chinese used bamboo shoots under the nails for torture. Oh, and the same urgent care doc removed both of them. As I was leaving he said "See you again in 2 years!" :bah:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are they actually required in some cases?

Never spent a lot of time fishing, but we did pretty good bass-fishing with rubber worms on farm ponds (lol, after a friend showed me how).

The only time I've used barbless hooks was hauling hay. :drunk2:

A lot of trophy areas in trout streams require barbless hooks along with catch and release.

I’ve pondered on this situation a little and came to the conclusion it was live fish causing the problem. So, in the future the problem will be solved by a harpoon or sidearm.
Dead fish can’t flip. [emoji6]

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom