Open carry being considered again in OK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We could start a list here of business that put up no gun signs and the emails to their corporate headquarters..... then each of us could start a daily mass email reminding them that they are not getting our money because of their anti 2A stance.

Just a thought

That's a good thought. Could make it a sticky. I can think of at least 2 retail businesses that I'd post up.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
KrMG POll Yesterday, anyone see the results?
740 am station had a poll on OC. I vvoted and got back results:
88% for OC, 12% against.
Wonder what the final score was.
Must have been STRONGLY in favor of OC, because KRMG is NOT reporting the results of this poll, simply saying there are "strong feelings" on both sides.
Guess it didn't fit the narrative.
Thought it would be interesting for folks here since posts would indicate many for and some against OC, but polls may indicate much broader support for OC, which may be why our politicians always vote "for it" but never pass it.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
KrMG POll Yesterday, anyone see the results?
740 am station had a poll on OC. I vvoted and got back results:
88% for OC, 12% against.
Wonder what the final score was.
Must have been STRONGLY in favor of OC, because KRMG is NOT reporting the results of this poll, simply saying there are "strong feelings" on both sides.
Guess it didn't fit the narrative.
Thought it would be interesting for folks here since posts would indicate many for and some against OC, but polls may indicate much broader support for OC, which may be why our politicians always vote "for it" but never pass it.

It's a Tulsa station. Why would you expect anything else from a station in Oklahoma's own San Francisco wannabee?

tulsamal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Try to buy good produce in 99% of the stores in this state... you can't do it. Point is...Krogers, Albertsons, Trader Jacks..

I have no idea what the root cause is for that... but I sure agree with the outcome. I spent a few days in Philadelphia and I was very, very, very jealous of their produce. I live in Craig County and I'm pretty much stuck with Wal-Mart. I'm not one of those anti-Wal-Mart types. But the worst thing about their grocery stores is the produce. It's hard to eat enough fruits and vegetables when you have to eat what they are selling!

Gregg

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have no idea what the root cause is for that... but I sure agree with the outcome. I spent a few days in Philadelphia and I was very, very, very jealous of their produce. I live in Craig County and I'm pretty much stuck with Wal-Mart. I'm not one of those anti-Wal-Mart types. But the worst thing about their grocery stores is the produce. It's hard to eat enough fruits and vegetables when you have to eat what they are selling!

Gregg

The way I am reading what is happening re: giant grocers not wanting to be in OK relates to the profit margin on beer and wine sales. Since OK only allows 3 point beer the big grocers don't make enough profit overall to make being in OK worth their time and resources when they can make more in states that allow unwatered beer and wine. The grocers that are here in OK, because they must work with lower profit margins (even efficient grocers run profit margins in the 1.5 to 2.5% range), can't afford to buy the best produce available - Crest for example has the worst produce of any grocer my wife and I have ever shopped at and it has been that way since I moved to OK in '85. So the theory is let OK grocery stores sell real beer and wine, they earn higher profits and can then afford to buy better produce to put on their shelves.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The way I am reading what is happening re: giant grocers not wanting to be in OK relates to the profit margin on beer and wine sales. Since OK only allows 3 point beer the big grocers don't make enough profit overall to make being in OK worth their time and resources when they can make more in states that allow unwatered beer and wine. The grocers that are here in OK, because they must work with lower profit margins (even efficient grocers run profit margins in the 1.5 to 2.5% range), can't afford to buy the best produce available - Crest for example has the worst produce of any grocer my wife and I have ever shopped at and it has been that way since I moved to OK in '85. So the theory is let OK grocery stores sell real beer and wine, they earn higher profits and can then afford to buy better produce to put on their shelves.

Because better produce, even if it has to be sold as a loss leader, brings in more people to buy more profitable goods.

Latest posts

Top Bottom