Open Carry for OK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's plenty of evidence available to show otherwise.

+ 1

I'll copy what I put in the other OC thread.

- 43 states allow some form of open carry. 71.86% of all Americans live in a state where open carry is legal in some form.

- 42 of those states allow open carry without regard to geographical area (I'm taking California out, as they only allow it rural areas)

- Of the 42 states where open carry is generally allowed, only 14 states require a permit to open carry (statutory age limitations in parenthesis): UT (18), MD (No age limit), MN (No age limit), IA (18), HI (No age limit), TN (No age limit), IN (No age limit), MS (18), GA (No age limit), MA (No age limit), CT (No age limit), RI (No age limit), NJ (No age limit), and MD (No age limit)

- Of the 28 states that allow unlicensed open carry, only one (1) has an age requirement greater than 18 years of age (New Mexico, where the statutory age limit is 19)

- Of those 28 states that don't require a license, 20 have laws that define the statutory age limit as 18 years or older (WA, OR, ID, NV, SD, AZ, CO, NE, KS, WI, MI, LA, AL, OH, PA, WV, DE, NC, VA, and KY). That's 40% of U.S. states and 33.73% of the U.S. population, just for laws similar to SB129.

- Of the 28 unlicensed open carry states, 4 have statutory age limits lower than 18: AK (14), LA (17), VT (16), and MT (14)

- A further 4 more states have no statutory age limit: WY, MO, ME, NH

Source for state-by-state open carry info: http://opencarry.org/opencarry.html
Source for percentages: 2010 Census data on state populations

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think open carry would be great with training. Most police officers I spoke to said they would rather know if someone has a weapon then not.

Why continue to be more restrictive on the Second Amendment than most other states? Does it make you feel better to exercise control over a person's decision to exercise their right to keep and bear arms?

Latest posts

Top Bottom