Open Carry for OK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is great news for motorcyclists and anyone that finds it dificult to comply with the current "Concealed from view and detection" (IIRC) rule. IWB is a PITA on a scooter. Granted- open gives away the advantage, and I'd still keep it concealed as well as possible in whatever situation I was in, but this takes the pressure off.

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At least with CC you know these people have had a background check and want to carry for the right reasons, open carry would be weird, what if bad guy open carry has a bigger gun than U, this is a bad bill

The first sentence of the article states that the bill will allow people with a concealed carry license to open carry. You still have to go through the same licensing process--including the background check--it just gives those of us with a concealed carry license the option to open carry.

It's not weird. Open carry is legal in other states. Civilization didn't end, mass panic didn't ensue.

I still think concealed carry is the best option, but this does take a lot of the pressure about making sure the gun is concealed 100 percent of the time.

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At least with CC you know these people have had a background check and want to carry for the right reasons, open carry would be weird, what if bad guy open carry has a bigger gun than U, this is a bad bill

Arizona has had open carry, for everyone, for a while now. I don't recall too many OK Corral reenactments.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I’m not really making my point very well. Let me try this and then I will give it a rest:

• Pre-1996 Open carry was permitted, concealed carry was not.
  • 1996 SDA allows concealed carry WITH a permit. Prohibited open carry
  • 2010 proposed bill allows open carry WITH permit.

Hate to go back several pages, but IIRC open carry was NOT permitted pre-96 (at least not right up until 96, maybe way back in the day)...so the 96 legislation did not end it.

Thing that concerns me about the new legislation is the notification clause...much broader than current. "...and upon coming in contact with any peace officer of this state..."

operator742

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personally I think we all get carried away with worry about printing,most people are so wrapped up in what they are doing that they don't notice anything else around them even if it's in the wide open much less a bump on someone waist.

Latest posts

Top Bottom