Open Carry OK HB1414

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry but we don't need a bunch of untrained egomaniacal retards running around with a gun in the open and that's exactly what would happen.

I haven't heard of that happening in any of the states that already have open carry. I would think if it happened it would be national news immediately but I'm not sure because most of the time the media does the opposite of what I think they will do.

tacmedic

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't heard of that happening in any of the states that already have open carry. I would think if it happened it would be national news immediately but I'm not sure because most of the time the media does the opposite of what I think they will do.

So tell me why would you carry open vs. concealed. What advantage does it give you? How is it going to make you safer?

And I stand firm on my first statement, the vast majority will have a gun accessible to all the world with no idea how to keep someone from taking it.
Mandate weapons retention training and a standard for open carry holsters and maybe I'd support it.

But then again I see no advantage to concealed carry.

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So tell me why would you carry open vs. concealed. What advantage does it give you? How is it going to make you safer?

And I stand firm on my first statement, the vast majority will have a gun accessible to all the world with no idea how to keep someone from taking it.
Mandate weapons retention training and a standard for open carry holsters and maybe I'd support it.

First of all I wouldn't open carry. I didn't say it would make you safer.
Another reason "shall not be infringed" doesn't mean anything.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Open carry is a BAD IDEA. 99.9% of citizens carrying have no weapons retention training. No f*cking clue how to stop someone from taking their gun. Open carrying gives zero tactical advantage so why would you carry in the open unless you're just compensating for a small penis?!

Having seen some of the POS holster people carry I wonder how secure their firearm would be. Shciat, some of them the gun is damn near about to fall out let alone having any type of retention device.

Sorry but we don't need a bunch of untrained egomaniacal retards running around with a gun in the open and that's exactly what would happen.

Wow... way to be a ********.

It's not about tactical advantage, it's about deterrence, IMO.

Also, it's not for you to decide who is smart enough or responsible enough to carry a weapon... it is a right guaranteed by our constitution. If you think it shouldn't be a right, maybe you should lobby to have it removed from the Bill of Rights, nullify the Constitution our country was founded upon and remake it in the image you see fit?

skyydiver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Open carry is a BAD IDEA. 99.9% of citizens carrying have no weapons retention training. No f*cking clue how to stop someone from taking their gun. Open carrying gives zero tactical advantage so why would you carry in the open unless you're just compensating for a small penis?!

Having seen some of the POS holster people carry I wonder how secure their firearm would be. Shciat, some of them the gun is damn near about to fall out let alone having any type of retention device.

Well it's a good thing there are those willing to tell everyone what is best for them. For one thing, "legalizing" open carry, to me, would simply remove the possibility of being "busted" for printing. Plus, that whole silly 2nd amendment thing us nuts keep raving about.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...just like herbs, it should be DECRIMINALIZED, not LEGALIZED. There is a difference.

Legalization is making something no longer illegal as long as it meets certain restrictions that dictate how it is legal. Decriminalization means it is legal with no restrictions.

SlammerG_89

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

so basically what you are telling us is you have no idea what you are talking about. You assume that a guy can just come up and take a gun off of you without even knowing and second that the guy is going to get away. I also don't understand why you throw tactics in there, if it was about tactics everyone would be plotting out their courses to the mail box with a howitzer rolling out in their driveway. Like sky said its about deterence. If people see you carrying they are more likely to stay the f away from you not come up and start grabbing for your gun. My best friend lives in a open carry state and uses it all the time and guess what no one has f'd with him.

tacmedic

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow... way to be a ********.

It's not about tactical advantage, it's about deterrence, IMO.

Also, it's not for you to decide who is smart enough or responsible enough to carry a weapon... it is a right guaranteed by our constitution. If you think it shouldn't be a right, maybe you should lobby to have it removed from the Bill of Rights, nullify the Constitution our country was founded upon and remake it in the image you see fit?

Nice to see your ability to argue your point has to resort to name calling.

I never said it was for me to decide. Rights come with responsibilities! If you think I am anti 2A or not a staunch constitutionalist you don't know me.

You offered you opinion about deterrence I offered mine about irresponsibility of open carry without proper training and gear. Guess yours is the only one that counts.

Latest posts

Top Bottom